Fake

I had Narcissa aparate me back to Hogwarts and I walked inside the castle. As promised, George was there with Fred, Arthur, and Remus. I guess Fred would find out sooner or later. I walked over to them and looked at George. "May lied." George gave me a strange look. "She lied about everything. She's not really a Malfoy. She's a Lestrange." I bit the inside of my cheek. "She tortured me and enjoyed it."
George pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry."
I shook my head. "I don't know what to do. Dumbledore's dead. People keep dying." First Cedric, then Sirius, now Dumbledore. There were so many other people dying. I can't stand it.
"You should get some sleep. It has been a long night." George said and kissed my head.
I nodded, "I'm fine. I'll go back to my dorm. Tell Harmony I love her and I'll see her soon."
Fred spoke up, "we can try to ask McGonagall if we can stay here tonight. So you won't be alone."
I shook my head, "no. It's okay. I'll be fine."
"Are you sure?" George questioned.
"Yeah, I'm sure." I nodded, "I'll see you guys later." I gave everyone a hug and went to the Gryffindor common room. I went up to my dorm and saw Hermione was still awake.
"Are you okay?" Hermione asked.
I nodded, "yeah. I'm fine." I went to the washroom and changed into my pajamas. I walked out and sat down on my bed.
"Harry told Ron and I." Hermione said.
"Did he?" I questioned. "Do you hate me too?"
Hermione shook her head slightly. "Why did you do it?"
I sighed and looked at her. "Dumbledore told me to. He said I can get closer to you know who and learn more about what he's planning."
"I understand." Hermione said, "is there anything else?"
"You know who threatened to kill Harmony." I told her, "for months he goes into my head and shows me how he would torture Harmony and kill her." I looked down at my lap. "I'm scared, Hermione."
"I know." Hermione said, "I am too. But you shouldn't let fear hold you back. I know you will do the right thing, you always do."
I smiled a little, "thanks." I crawled under my blanket. "Good night, Hermione."

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and I were in the Astronomy tower, where it all happened. I leaned against the railing and for a second I thought about falling back. I looked at Harry and wondered if he hates me. I haven't spoken to Ron yet, I just hope he'll be like Hermione and understand why I did what I did.
"Do you think he would've done it?" Hermione asked, "Draco?"
Harry shook his head. "No. He was lowering his wand. In the end, it was Snape. It was always Snape. And I did nothing..."
"You shouldn't blame yourself, Harry." I told him.
Harry looked at me, "you didn't do anything either. You were like a daughter to him and you didn't do anything."
"I had my reasons." I said. I can't tell him that Dumbledore had asked Snape to kill him. I can't tell him that eventually, he must die. I will do anything to protect him.
Hermione reached over and took the locket from me. "Strange. Thinking this is a piece of Voldemort's soul." Hermione said as she examined the locket.
"Yeah, strange." Harry said. "Only... it's not. It's a fake." Hermione and I exchanged frowns. "Go on. Open it."
Hermione opened the locket and took out a small piece of parchment. "'To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R.A.B.'"
"R.A.B.?" I asked.
Harry shrugged. "Dunno. But whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. Which means, it was a waste. All of it."
Hermione studied Harry's troubled face, then glanced at Ginny and Ron. "Ron's okay with it, you know. You and Ginny. But if I were you, when he's around, I'd keep the snogging to a minimum." Hermione smiled a little, trying to cheer him up.
Harry just nodded and looked out into the distance. "I'm not coming back, Hermione. I have to finish what Dumbledore started. I'm not sure where that will lead me... but I'll let you and Ron know where I am -- when I can."
Hermione looked at Harry. "I've always admired your courage, Harry, but sometimes you're really thick." Harry frowned at her. "You don't honestly think you can find all those Horcruxes by yourself, do you? You need us, Harry." She smiled at him and he sighed.
"Yeah. I do. But do me a favor." Harry said. "When I'm around? Keep the snogging to a minimum."
Hermione's eyes widen and her face reddens. "Like that's going to happen." She glanced at Ron and shook her head. "Besides, he's barking."
Harry smiled. "Funny, he says the same about you."
"Yes, but I'm exceptionally perceptive." Hermione said.
"You're brilliant. You both are." Harry said to her. I don't think Harry wants me to go with them. I want to, but I know I can't. I'd put them in more danger.
I caught Harry's gaze. "You don't want me to come."
"You are his daughter." Harry said.
I sighed, "I know, but that's not the only reason why you don't want me to go."
Ron looked at me, "you're also a Death Eater." Ginny looked me, stunned.
"Because Dumbledore asked me to." I told him. "I did it to protect you guys. Just remember that." I looked at each of them, then at Harry. "Everything I do, I do because I think that's what's for the best and what will protect you. All I ever wanted to do was to protect you." With that, I walked out of the room and down the long, twisted staircase.