Chapter 448

Jax growls as he watches all the toys go down carelessly. He opens the vent and immediately thinks to find Hoppy since he was sure they didn't go down with the rest of the critters. Jax made up his mind as he quickly crawls back into the vent and starts to search the factory for the green rabbit mascot.

Mommy Longlegs and Poppy make it to the three tunnels. "Where do you think they went?" Mommy asked, but before she could decide Poppy pointed towards the yellow feather on the ground. "That's probably Kickin's feather" Poppy was sure of it. Mommy nodded and they both headed down the middle tunnel, just as the two disappeared in the shadows the lynx came out of the shadows, but this lynx was different. It was a grey lynx, had black stripes down its back, and a distinct difference was this lynx didn't have legs. The lynx growls and crawls down the middle tunnel in search for the two toys that wandered down there not too long ago. Mommy and Poppy wandered further into the tunnel and were a bit shocked to see cells. They looked like the holding cells the CEO would often use, but these were a bit more worn down. Poppy and Mommy looked at each other for a second before they continued on further. As the two passed the holding cells they didn't bother to look in them, if they did they would see how sad Bobby Bearhug, Craftycorn, Bubba Bubbaphant, Kickin Chicken, and Picky Piggy were. Going further down the hall the two decided to split up Mommy helped place Poppy on a higher platform as she herself looked below, and tried to find any signs of The Smiling Critters. They hadn't found any signs after a few minutes of searching the room, Poppy was confused at the noise she heard though, it sounded like screeching, but also a struggling animal. Poppy had her back towards the entrance just as a giant paw landed behind her on the platform. She turned around and looked at the mascot in shock "oh no.." she screamed as Mommy turned around and saw the grey lynx trying to attack Poppy. "Hang on Poppy I'm coming!" just as Mommy said that the lynx, even without legs, had the speed and agility to pounce on her, the lynx pounced on Mommy and scratched at her, the only thing was the lynx's claws were completely dulled down. Mommy's rubber body easily overpowered the torso-less mascot as it yowls out in the caves, its yowl echoing and getting the other lynx's attention as it turns its head away from Dogday and Catnap for a moment, the moment was all Dogday needed as he tackles the lynx down, and holds them down, the white lynx yowls back and the tall figures coming rushing over effectively grabbing Dogday as he tries to run away. The lynx was silent and it smirks towards the dog and cat duo before it leads them towards the right tunnel, completely ignoring the other yowls coming from the middle tunnel.