Chapter 444

(The next few chapters will probably be changed in the future if Mob Entertainment continues with Chapter 4, but this is just what I think it looks like, hope you all enjoy!)

Catnap was tripping every so often on loose floor slabs, the floors were covered with some dust almost as if it hadn't been used in a while, but what made it a bit more alarming is that some of the dust seemed to be wiped away a few times in what appeared to be a struggle. Catnap admits he was alarmed and he looked over at Dogday who had a blank expression. Catnap noticed that to be his "leader face" for when he was serious about something like protecting his friends, the orphan children, and his Smiling Critters family. Catnap was a bit intimidated when Dogday used that face because it seemed as Dogday shut off his happy-go-lucky self and became a different character altogether. Catnap shuddered a bit, but apparently Dogday caught him staring "don't be so scared of me Catnap" Dogday's voice echoed a bit around the cave like system. Catnap's eyes widen "how did you-" "I'm not blind Catnap" Dogday spoke in a weak but gruff voice causing Catnap to look at the ground a bit ashamed for he knew why Dogday sounded like that. Dogday sighs and places his paw on Catnap's shoulder effectively making the feline stop in his tracks. "Catnap... what happened to you, I'm worried" Dogday spoke in such a small voice that Catnap was taken aback. "It's nothing, I'm fine" Catnap tried to reassure the leader, but Dogday didn't believe him for one second. "Look Catnap, we both know you're a bad liar" "only to you" Catnap said looking away from Dogday causing the canine to shake his head. "Look kitty you've been distant and off putting to everyone, we all are worried that hanging out a with Killy was a bad idea-" Dogday didn't get to finish as Catnap spoke with a hiss "Killy isn't the problem" Dogday raised his brow at Catnap's claim "then what's the problem?" he challenged, to which Catnap only was able to sputter "wh-why do- just- why does it- argh!" Catnap stomped his paw like a child. Dogday noticed the action and immediately his "leader face" became soft. "Catnap... look at me" as Dogday lifts Catnap's chin to look at him Catnap was saddened to see not his best friend, but a stranger in front of him. "You and I are opposites for a reason Catnap, cats and dogs... they don't belong together" as Dogday said this and released Catnap's chin Catnap stood there completely frozen as Dogday kept walking further ahead. "You coming?" Dogday asks as Catnap looked at him with a slight smile. "Yeah.. I am..." Catnap spoke but as he did he also thought 'stranger' when he looked at Dogday. 'He's nothing but a stranger now... he doesn't matter, the prototype is a friend, he will help us all, and protect us' Catnap smiles.