Chapter 445

Catnap and Dogday made their way further into the cave, and immediately began looking at the puzzle. "We need a grab pack" Dogday spoke looking up to the tall ledge they were supposed to get to. "Well I didn't know so I didn't bring one" Catnap said as he approached Dogday. "Neither did I..." Dogday stretched a bit before he kneeled down "get on my back" he instructs Catnap. "Why?" the feline asks but Dogday just growls causing Catnap to flinch and cling to his back. Dogday stands back up and goes over to the wall, he gently runs his hand over the rock and then grips onto the small gap between two rocks, he gets a good grip and hoists him and Catnap up, he begins to scale the wall with ease as Catnap looks a bit shocked. "Wait what-" Catnap asks but is ignored as Dogday keeps climbing and getting closer to the top. Once he reached the top he gently lowers Catnap to the ground. "Okay, let's get-" as Dogday's about to speak Catnap interrupts him "how are you so good at climbing?" Catnap was astonished since he never really seen Dogday climb unless it was a tree. "It's nothing, just had a lot of practice" as Dogday said this Catnap looked intrigued. "Climbing isn't that hard to cats right?" that question caught Catnap off guard a bit "well yeah cats are great climbers" "then it shouldn't be a shock to you that dogs can also climb" as Dogday said this Catnap looked at him confused "but dogs aren't known to climb" Catnap points out but Dogday shakes his head "as true as that is some dogs climb trees" as Dogday said this Catnap laughs a bit "well yeah because their owners put them there" but that comment makes Dogday confused as he tilts his head. "What do you mean?" he asks as Catnap looks at canine "their owners put them in the trees, no way a dog will willingly put themselves in a tree, right?" Catnap asks, but Dogday sighs and shakes his head "not true, dogs can climb trees on their own" as Dogday says this Catnap gives a skeptical look. "That's strange..." Catnap whispers under his breath but then shrugs it off "let's keep going, shouldn't be too far now" as Catnap said this Dogday nods in agreement. "Where to though?" they've reached three tunnels. "What, but I-" as Catnap spoke Dogday stops him. "Right tunnel something is coming" Dogday grabs Catnap's paw and runs down the left tunnel to try and avoid whatever is coming towards them. As Dogday and Catnap hide they look around the corner and see a small figure, it looks like an old mascot suit, very outdated, it had burnt white fur with yellow dots, it almost resembled a lynx. The mascot seemed to be a protector of this place, but Catnap was wonder why he hadn't run into the lynx mascot before when he was down here with Frowny Fox and Killy Willy, even Jax. That didn't matter right now, Catnap stayed quiet as the lynx walked past the tunnel and went down the same tunnel the two already came from. "That was close" Catnap whispers but Dogday covered his mouth. "It's coming back" Dogday points out as the footsteps seem to be coming back.