Chapter 446

As the lynx returns Dogday and Catnap had already ran down the left tunnel, but they seem to have missed the paw prints leading down the middle tunnel in their haste to escape. Dogday looked at Catnap with a stern expression as the Catnap had tripped over its own tail a few times trying to run from the lynx, even though Dogday had told him the lynx wasn't following them. "Let's just keep goi-" Catnap cut himself off as he and Dogday froze up at what was in the room with them.

Mommy Longleg and Poppy kept looking down inside the black shadows below trying to see if they can spot anyone or hear anything but when they couldn't Mommy looked towards Poppy. "We have to go after those two" she said in a determined voice, but Poppy didn't know if that was a good idea or not. "I've been down there before... the prototype is not someone you want to mess with-" as Poppy tried to explain to Mommy why it was dangerous the stretchy spider-like toy didn't listen. "They're our friends, we should be down there helping them out, we don't know if they're hurt or worse. As Mommy said this Poppy had to agree she was worried for all the critters, The Smiling Critters are her friends and she'd do anything to keep them safe, even if it means to trick them into doing her own work. "Okay, I understand, we should go and find them" as Poppy agreed though Mommy had picked her up and already started to descend much to the dolls horror, she recalled the fear she felt going down there already while the prototype let her out she still fears what would happen if she was caught down here again.

"Lift with your legs Catnap" Dogday instructed towards the feline as Catnap was having trouble lifting a crate. "I am, but it's not working, it's too heavy" Catnap's voice was straining as he kept trying to move the crate, lifting with all his might. "Arghh... I wish I was taller, like much taller, so tall that I would be able to tower over others and have them fear me" as Catnap spoke to himself Dogday rolls his eyes. "Catnap just let me-" "NO!" Catnap shouts accidentally. There was a beeping in the room and both mascots hid behind a few of the scattered crates around the room. Catnap looked towards Dogday sheepishly as Dogday glared at Catnap and shook his head, both heads turned towards the entrance of the room where the lynx had come in. "Oh shi-" Catnap almost swore but Dogday ended right next to him and covered his mouth with an angry look. Catnap won't admit it, but Dogday scared him a lot when he's angry, it rarely happens but when it does Dogday is a force to be reckoned with. The lynx seems to have an audio recording for his voice and not an actual voice box because when it spoke there was static.