Chapter 423

Dogday watched Catnap walk away and said nothing. He frowns looking towards the ground, but Kickin wanted to comfort him, he couldn't though, he knew Dogday wouldn't allow the comfort right now, Catnap was a close friend, and to deal with his friend walking away like that... probably hurt him a lot. Kickin felt bad that he couldn't help his leader, he looked back at all the other critters they all seemed just as stuck if not more stuck than Kickin. Kickin walked back towards the others and they spoke in quiet voices "guys, what do we do?! We can't leave him like that?" Kickin was extremely worried for Dogday because of his selflessness, he would protect the child from anymore harm then she was already put under. Being trampled couldn't have been fun, but it was better then dying, Dogday saved her life in a way, the CEO could have gotten to her, but he didn't, but one thing that confused Kickin was why Dogday wanted to keep the kid close and make sure she was safe in the first place, this kid wasn't theirs, they had plenty of kids to look after already in the Playcare, but Dogday seemed too attached to saving children. "Maybe Dogday has an issue wanting to be a hero?" Hoppy questions a bit, but Picky shook her head "Dogday wouldn't want to be a hero, it's about doing the right thing" as she said this the others started to understand a bit more. "But we already have enough kids to look out for right now-" Kickin tried to explain but Picky stopped him "just because we have enough kids to look after doesn't mean we can just ignore one kid over the others" she explained as Kickin nods in agreement and looked towards Dogday seeing him kneeling on the ground with the bruised kid crying. Dogday seemed like a father figure towards all the kids, but Kickin wasn't stupid, he knew deep down that Dogday was still a child who lost their life extremely young, and only wanted to help others avoid his fate. Kickin looked at the other critters clearly upset... Dogday failed. He sighed because he knew he couldn't say that to him since Dogday was already carrying so many burdens and trauma, yet he rarely ever shared the trauma with any of them, he'd bottle his emotions to seem like a good leader, yet he would forget that he's a kid... Kickin felt angry knowing this because it would always cause a block helping Dogday with any emotional distress he had bottle within him. The other Smiling Critters all noticed this too, they all felt ashamed, and a bit worried for Dogday, but none really knew how to help, especially during times like this when he seemed to be completely focused on one thing, and right now it seemed he was only focused on the little girl he saved, not even sparing a glance at the other's direction he gathered the girl in his arms and proceeded to walk towards the factory exit. This in itself was weird because Dogday never left the factory, even Miss Delight and he sisters were shocked, but they noticed as he returned he was emtpy handed. "Where's the kid?" asked Kickin to which Dogday shrugged and told him he gave her back to her parents. The others were a bit surprised, but Dogday said it wasn't his intention to keep the kid to himself, he wanted to make sure she was safely returned back to her family, he hated to see children so hurt over adults in their lives harming them, even if it's unintentional. "So, you never were going to keep the kid?" asked Bobby causing Dogday to laugh a bit "no, I wanted to see if Catnap would help me get the kid back safely but it seemed I was wrong about him" as Dogday said this the other critters all looked at each other.