Nursing Home

I used to work in a nursing home. One day, I had a resident refuse to get on the elevator with me, citing "being scared of the little boy" as her reason. I shrugged it off until I had a resident come out of his room and ask me for "candy for the little boy." I decided to ask my mom, charge nurse and employee of 13 years, about what had been happening.

She told me that all through her years of employment, residents periodically reported seeing a young boy. He was always wanting to play. He appeared to all kinds of residents, from those of sound mental status to those with severe dementia. They all reported the exact same thing, over a great period of time. When they moved to a new facility, the little boy came with them. The little boy was particularly fond of those with limited sight. From those residents, the boy was described as having dark black hair, that he lived out in a "tent," and he said that he died when a tree fell on him.

One night I was feeding a resident who had recently suffered a stroke. She had lost the use of her right hand, and required total assistance. As I was feeding her, I felt a cold hand on my arm. Right then, the resident said "Is that your boyfriend? He looks a little young for you!" I nearly shit myself.

The resident who saw him passed away that night.