Grandparent's House

So my Grandparents, for some reason, had a way of ALWAYS moving into haunted houses. The houses wern't really creepy, but they would always have weird, paranormal, stuff happen. To keep the story short, I'll give more stories if you want to hear them, but here is MY experience.

It was summer vacation, and I was around 13/14 years old. At this age, I always would stay up late, eating junk food and playing video games. Because of this, I could hear the vibration of anybody walking down the hallway. I was at the end of the hallway across from my Grandparents, so if I heard someone walking, it would usually be my Grandpa, getting some Tums. It was a recognizeable pattern, the sound of feet hitting carpet, as it makes its way down the hall to the Tums, and then back to the bedroom. It would be finished off with hearing my Grandpa close his bedroom door...then I started to notice something.

Randomly throughout the night, I would hear these footsteps. If it was any later than 1, I would open the door, and NOBODY would be in the hallway. Staying rational, I assumed my Grandpa just got inside his bedroom before I saw him. So when hearing the footsteps, I would wait till the were at the other end (Where the cupboard with the Tums were) then open the door. Nothing. Dark as the night could be.

I got used to the sounds, since they weren't SUPER loud or anything, it's just footsteps on a carpet, that I'm thinking I'm just hearing things half the time. One night, I was laying in bed, and just watching TV. The head of my bed shared the same wall as my bedroom door. One night I heard the footsteps, whatever, they make their way down the hall. Then they come towards my end, cool, I'm used to this and I usually just ignore it now. Could be my Grandpa, could be the "ghost." But then, the footsteps stop, and my doorknob makes a crazy clacking sound, as if someone is rapidly turning the doorknob, without actually opening it. I jump out of bed, run to my door, and try to catch whatever it is (my Grandpa can be a dick, and possibly messing with me). NOTHING. Dark as night. Quiet as can be. I open my Grandparents door slowly, and I'm greeted with snoring. Good night.