The Rohirrim princess - Part 2 - Theoden x Reader

(Y/n) banged on the door. She had been locked in her rooms for.........in truth she did not know how long; many days and nights having passed since her father had declared that she was to be wed to the odious Grima. The slug taking it upon himself to make her a prisoner in her own home; not wanting her to escape, to run as far and as fast as she could. And the worst thing......the worst thing was that the only one she had seen since that day, was the Wormtongue; his pallid, sunken features, his lank, greasy hair and browning teeth, making her feel sick to her stomach, whenever he would take a step too close. The princess praying every night that her brother, Théodred, would soon be home, and this madness would end. Yet everyday as she looked out over the march in hopes of catching sight of her sibling, there was nothing; (Y/n)'s hope slowly fading. And worse, when Éowyn managed to speak through the door to her, her cousin would tell her nothing of her beloved brother; instead informing her that Éomer and the riders that had been loyal to the king, had been sent away thanks to her vile betrothed. Éowyn just pleading with her to have faith, to have hope. That soon she would be out of her prison, and everything would be as it was before, though the princess had not believed it until today.

She had seen something come towards her home; four figures that she did not recognise. Yet she had a feeling that they brought with them the hope that she had been losing. Hope that not only she would soon be free, but also her father. That he would soon be as he once was, and the evil spell that held him, that had turned him into something he was not, and turned Edoras into a cold, dark place, would be gone.

She had heard noises, raised voices; yet no matter how much she pounded her fists on the door, no one seemed to notice. The hope that she had initially felt, now replaced with dread. Her beloved brother Théodred, was still to come home and her dearest cousin Éomer, had been sent away, so who was there left to protect them? As much as she knew Éowyn wanted to fight, she had never seen battle, she had no experience; so, (Y/n) just had to trust that the loyal Háma and Gamling would protect her father. That all the men that were left, would come to the defense of their king and home.

Suddenly she heard something. The princess turning around to see that there was nothing there, yet the voice lingered. Its tone making her tremble, making her fall to her knees, and cover her ears. It was calling to her, she knew it; even if she could not understand the words that were being said. Her mind beginning to spin; it feeling as though long fingers were making their way up her body, pulling her down into a dark abyss, as the world before her eyes began to be covered in a mist. (Y/n) letting out a silent scream, as she finally fell into the nothingness.

                                                           >>-------------------------------<<

"Where is my beloved daughter? Where is my beautiful child?" Theoden demanded to know, as Wormtongue scurried away. The king not happy that he had been stopped by one of the visitors from killing the snake.

"She is locked in her rooms........." Éowyn began. The breath catching in her throat, as her uncle turned to look at her.

"Wormtongue has not let her from her apartment, since you said that (Y/n) was to marry him. He has held her prisoner. I tried to give her hope, to help her to escape; but.............." Éowyn continued. Theoden just staring at her for a moment, doing his best to comprehend his niece's words. Not sure how he could offer his only daughter to a creature such as Grima. The king gritting his teeth, before turning and making his way back inside and to his daughter's rooms, Háma and Gamling close behind. Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli looking to Gandalf, before they to all quickly followed after the Lord of Rohan.

                                                            >>------------------------------<<

"(Y/n)!" Theoden called out, as he banged on the door.

"Break it down..........." The king ordered, as no response came from the other side of the door. Háma and Gamling quickly taking their shoulders to the thick ingress. The wooden door refusing to give, no matter the force the two men used. Everyone turning, as a huff came from behind the group.

"Never send a man ta do a dwarf's job." Gimli scoffed, leaning his axe up against the wall, before gesturing for the men to move out of his way. The dwarf taking a breath and squaring himself up, before he rushed at the door. The ingress flying open and nearly coming from its hinges with the force.

"(Y/n)!?" Theoden called out again. The men of Rohan quickly following their king in searching the room; none sure where the princes could have gone.

"Uncle!" A desperate voice called out. Theoden and the others quickly making their way out of the room to see Éowyn pointing to outside the Golden Hall. The king making his way back to the stair, his eyes growing wide as he saw a dark figure with another body slumped in front of them, on a horse racing across the march. The king not having to have the eyes of an elf to know that it was Grima making his escape. That it was the snake, making his way back to his true master, the body of the princess held tightly in his arms. Theoden turning to once more glare at Aragorn, wanting to blame the man for all this. To blame him for not having let him kill the vile Wormtongue. Yet he could not speak, he could not think; he had been told of the death of his son and heir, and now........now his daughter had been taken from him, to the god only knew what fate. The king slowly turning and making his way back into the hall, with his men right on his heels.