The Black Witch - Part 3 - Elrond x Reader

Everything in italics is Sindarin

The black witch made her way through Imladris; stopping as she came to a balcony that overlooked the largest of the waterfall. It was late now, yet no one was sleeping. The notion of what was to come, weighing heavily on not only the Fellowship's shoulders; but all those that had heard her words and those of Gandalf and Elrond. A weight that would remain until this came to an end, one way or another. (Y/n) hoping that she was still strong enough to fight him, as she had done, so many years before. To not give in to that part of her heart, that still had love for Mairon; that was still sure a little part of him remained somewhere inside the dark lord.

"You like the little ones........" A voice came. The witch not having to turn to know that it was the half-elven lord.

After the Council had ended, the hobbits had taken her away from the meeting area before she could think to do anything else. Frodo still not wanting to release his grip on her hand, as the little one pulled her into one of their rooms; and then Merry and Pippin had carefully pushed her down into a chair, before they had all sat at her feet. The witch sure, that this is what mothers must see, when surrounded by their children. (Y/n) doing her best to answer all the questions that the inquisitive bunch had to ask.

Before her long sleep, she had had little to do with those of the Shire; most of her time spent with the Quendi and Atani, the elves and men; the children of Ilúvatar. But as the early evening sun had slowly descended, to be replaced by the light of the full moon; she was regretting that. Regretting not having spent more of her life, with these darling beings. (Y/n) finding them to be the sweetest creatures that she had ever met. To have a bravery that most would not believe that they could possess, and a heart so big, that she was surprised that it could even fit into their bodies. She had already sworn herself to the dark haired ringbearer, promising to do everything she could for him, knowing full well the burden that he bore; but by the time that Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin had reluctantly let her leave the room, she had sworn her protection to all of them. Sure, that they had all already found their way into her affections; and also sure, that a certain little Took, had found a permanent place in her heart.

"What is not to like, Elrond Peredhel? The hobbits are not warriors, not born to fight, yet here they are willing to go out into the darkening world and face all the foes that will come their way, with more bravery than I have seen in the heart of many while on the battlefield. My role may have been to watch over the quendi and atani of this world, yet even I know that most of their kind never venture far from the Shire, or indeed their own little holes. They love their home comforts, a warm fireside and comfortable chair, a jug of ale and a pipe at the end of a long day. But these four........these four have already experienced more terrors than the rest of their kin will ever see in generations, if this mission is successful; and yet still they will continue. And poor Frodo..........he has taken on a task that should never have been his............"

"I am sorry..........." Elrond interrupted. The black witch turning to look at him. Her brows furrowing, as she made her way towards him and placed her hand on his arm.

"For what, nin iar mellon............?"

"For not ending this three thousand years ago. I led Isildur into Mount Doom as you bid. I told him to cast it into the fire. To destroy it. But he said no and walked away. It should have ended that day; but the evil was allowed to endure. Isildur kept the ring, and now here we are........"

"Elrond. You have nothing to be sorry for. It is I that should be sorry for chastising you at the Council. I should have stayed, I should have gone into Mount Doom with Isildur, myself; yet I feared that if I stayed any longer surrounded by that evil, then it would take me over. That I would become what I had refused to be. That it would not let me go until it twisted me, warped me, and I became the next wicked being for all those vile creatures to look to. I was a coward, weak; but I will not be that again. This time I will fight until I see Barad-dûr swallowed by the black earth of Mordor. Until that accursed eye no longer looks out over Middle-Earth. Until the spirit of Sauron is no more........" (Y/n) told him, as her hand slowly made its way up from his arm to rest on the elven lord's cheek.

"Even if it costs my own life; this time, it will be done........But let us hope that it does not come to that........" She added. A small smile pulling at the corners of her lips, as Elrond placed his hand over hers.

The pair had known one another well for so many years, long before the War of the Last Alliance; before even the War of the Elves and Sauron, and the War of Wrath. Elrond able to remember the first time that he had seen her beautiful face, as if it were only the previous day. The black witch, the one thing that he and his twin brother, Elros, could look to, after they were captured by Maglor. (Y/n), their only safe haven, the only one that they could look to, until the second son of Fëanor and Nerdanel, had grown to love the twins.

"Sometimes I still see you as that sweet elfling, that would hide with his brother behind me, whenever Maglor would come into the room. That would want to hear all my stories and listen to me sing. I am so proud of you nin lend hén. So proud of what and who you have become. And I know that your mother, father and Maglor would feel the same." (Y/n) told him. Elrond letting out a soft sigh, as he continued to stand there for a moment, happy to be once more in the presence of the witch that had been more like a mother to him, than even his own had been.

"Now, I may look as young as the day we first met; but I am an old witch and would appreciate a glass of wine and a comfortable chair. And while you and I get reacquainted, my sweet one; perhaps you can also tell me about the rest of my travelling companions. Especially that heir of Isildur........" A soft chuckle coming from her lips, as Elrond finally opened his eyes and offered her his arm. The pair slowly making their way to his rooms.