A dwarf in hobbit's clothing - Part 2 - Bilbo x Gandalf x Thorin x Reader

To say that (Y/n) was angry, would be an understatement. Bilbo sitting in front of her on the footstool, holding her hands and doing his best to calm her. The hobbit sure that he could see tears pricking at the corners of her eyes.

(Y/n) had always known that she was different; that she wasn't a hobbit like any other. It obvious from her height, larger frame, lack of large hairy feet and the whiskers that grew on her face, that her true lineage was not like anyone else's in the Shire. But Bilbo and their parents had always treated her like she was just like them. Belladonna dressing her just like any other little hobbit girl; plaiting her beard hairs up into her hair and decorating it with the prettiest of beads and flowers to make her feel better whenever Horace Bolger would tease her. Though Bilbo did have to admit that his teasing hadn't lasted for long, after his sister had realised how much stronger she was than Horace, and she had thrown him into the river. And it had not been since then that anyone had pointed out that she was not a real hobbit; that she was not like other hobbit girls; so as soon as it had been mentioned by Thorin that she was in fact a female dwarf, Bilbo knew that it would not go down well.

From the moment that their father, Bungo had explained to (Y/n) how she had come to be part of the family; that he had found her when he had been on his way back to the Shire, from Bree, she had refused to think of herself as a dwarf. Saying that if she was meant to have been one of their kind, then her real parents would not have abandoned her as they had. That if they hadn't cared enough about her to keep her, then she didn't care about being one of them; stating that Bungo was her father, Belladonna her mother, and Bilbo her brother, and no matter what anyone said, that to her was the truth; the only thing that would ever be the truth. (Y/n) taking to shaving most of the hair from her face, only leaving what she could blend up into her hair, to grow.

"Why are those dwarves in our home? What is going on, Bilbo. What has this to do with Gandalf?" (Y/n) finally asked, as her temper finally eased a little.

"I.........I don't know. I saw a map that showed the Lonely Mountain, and there has been talk about a dragon............"

"Dragon........what dragon............?"

"Perhaps I can better explain, my dear........." A voice interrupted. (Y/n) and Bilbo turning to see Gandalf smiling down at them. (Y/n) just huffing, as she saw the faces of the dwarves behind him, all of them looking at her like she was on display in some shop window.

"I would very much appreciate that Gandalf." (Y/n) replied, as the grey wizard made his way over to her and her brother.

                                                       >>------------------------------------<<

"Oh wonderful." (Y/n) said, as she quickly made her way over to her brother's side and tried to rouse him from his faint.

She had known that this was going to happen from the moment when a pale haired dwarf by the name of Balin, had brought out two contracts, and mentioned funeral arrangements. It only getting worse when her brother had read the words 'laceration, evisceration, and incineration'. His query about the last one, bringing with it a rather descriptive explanation of the dragon Smaug's capabilities, from a hat wearing dwarf by the name of Bofur.

"Well done. Has anyone ever told you that there are better way of getting other to do what you want, than telling them that they could end up as little more than a pile of ash, if they come with you." She continued, as she got to her feet and glared at Bofur.

"And this is all very well and good; but why should Bilbo or I put ourselves in this danger. I can appreciate that you all want to take back your home; but the Lonely Mountain has nothing to do with either of us. Our home is here in the Shire. No, no, it is enough that you have raided our larder; trailed mud in the house and ruined the plumbing. Enough that you have made my brother faint. No, this is a quest for dwarves only........" (Y/n) added, throwing the contract to one side, as she turned her attention back to Bilbo; kneeling down and raising his head so that it rested on her lap.

"(Y/n). I did explain............"

"No, Gandalf.........." Thorin interrupted, as he picked up her discarded contract.

"As I said, we do not need a female, and a petulant one at that, on this journey with us. None of us have the time or the inclination to protect her; for I am sure that despite her grandiose claims, I doubt that she has ever picked up a sword, let alone knows how to use one. We would be better off with her brother and his conkers. And I do not want someone with us, that cannot even admit what they really are..........." Thorin continued, as he folded up her contract. Gandalf doing his best not to smile, as (Y/n) quickly got to her feet; Bilbo groaning, as his head hit the floor.

"I know who and what I am. I am (Y/n) Baggins of Bag End; daughter of Bungo and Belladonna, sister of Bilbo. Whatever I was born, means nothing to me, for would it you, if you knew that your true parents had thought so little of you, that they had left you, abandoned you to die near a roadside. I know what I am, what I can do; and you, Thorin Oakenshield, he who would be King under the Mountain, will soon find out too." (Y/n) growled, before snatching her contract from the dwarf's hand and signing it, and pushing it back into Thorin's chest, before helping her brother up off the floor.