Jealous - Part 4 - Bofur x Reader

For storyreaderslife

"Its me..........Its Bofur.............." (Y/n) staring wide eyed at the door as she heard the reply.

Bofur? Of all the dwarves in the Lonely Mountain, why was it him at her door? Didn't have better things to do; didn't he have all those other dwarrowdams he flirted with, to charm a little more? The youngest child of Fundin sighing at herself as she realised how she sounded. That she sounded like a petulant child that wasn't getting her way; and she hated it. She was better than this; stronger than this. She was from one of the best families that had ever called the Mountain, home; and she should act better than this. So what if Bofur didn't have feelings for her. She was a dwarrowdam, and despite all the ones that the toymaker seemed to attract, female dwarves, were still a rarity; and given that, there must be a dwarf out there that actually would love her. Perhaps he was already in the Mountain; perhaps he was still on his way or would be a guest from the Iron Hills. But whatever the case, it was about time that she started acting like who she was; the sister of Balin, the sister of Dwalin; the daughter of Fundin. (Y/n) looking at herself in the mirror, brushing away the tears from her cheeks with the heels of her palms. She looked a state; her eyes were puffy and red, and her nose needed to be blown; but what did it matter? She didn't need to impress Bofur, not anymore. (Y/n) sniffing, before slowly making her way to the door; brushing down her dress, before taking hold of the doorhandle, and gradually pulling the heavy wooden door open, to reveal the hat wearing dwarf.

                                                     >>------------------------------------<<

Bofur stood outside the door; it feeling like he had been waiting there, longer than he and the rest of the Company had been kept in the cells, of a certain snooty, pointy eared elf. His nerves not improving the longer he waited for a reply; sure, that at this moment it would be easier to fight wargs and orcs, than deal with a possibly still angry and upset dwarrowdam. That, and he had never had to come up with the right words to tell an orc how he felt about it.

Many nights he had thought about telling (Y/n) how he really felt for her. About telling her that she was the most beautiful creature in the whole of Middle-Earth. That no matter where they had been, or what they had seen during their quest to reclaim the Mountain, nothing could compare to her, in his mind. She had opened up a new world for him, a world where he could be loved and love in return. A world, where he might, in the future, have what Gloin has, a wife, and son of his own; maybe even more than one son. Bofur always liking the notion of having many children; of having them all sit at his feet, while he told them tales of trolls, elves, and a dragon. Of flying on the back of an eagle and fighting with pride by the side of Thorin Oakenshield. But before any of that could happen, he had to voice all this to the dwarrowdam he loved. Though it would help if (Y/n) would open the door. His heart beginning to pound violently against the inside of his ribcage, as the ingress in front of him, slowly started to creep open. The toymaker unable to stop himself from smiling, as the face of the daughter of Fundin hesitantly appeared; it obvious that she had been crying. It obvious that she was more than a little upset; yet she was still more perfect than any other that he had ever lain his eyes on.

"Bofur..........what is it you want?" (Y/n) asked, as the door was finally opened fully. The dwarrowdam making herself stand up straight; to hold her head up high, and pretend that the sight of her beloved toymaker, wasn't causing her heart to break all over again; despite what she had told herself. The soft smile on his face, making her want to rush out and engulf him in her arms and kiss him. But no, she couldn't do that. She couldn't..............her eyes growing wide, as she suddenly found herself engulfed in a strong pair of arms; suddenly found a pair of lips on hers. Her mind reeling, as Bofur pulled her closer and held her tighter. The dwarrowdam not sure what to think, other than she was enjoying him kissing her. She was enjoying the taste of the toymaker on her lips; being held so close by him. (Y/n) not sure why he was doing what he was doing; but at that moment, not wanting to question it. The smell of his pipe weed, filling her senses, as she moved her fingers over his bearded cheeks. Soft moans coming from him, as she gently tugged on the coarse strands of hair.

This had not been what Bofur had planned...........well, in truth, he hadn't had anything planned. All this had just happened. From Bilbo telling him that (Y/n) was jealous of all the other dwarrowdams, because she loved him, to Balin saying that he was free to ask (Y/n) if he could court her; his mind had had no time to really come up with a plan. So, it had just felt right that his next move should be to kiss her. To pour out all his feelings in this gesture. To put all the words that he wanted to say, into this kiss. The toymaker just happy that she was kissing him back. That he could feel her arm around him; and, more importantly, her hand on his beard. The way she was tugging at the strands, telling him all that he needed to know. That she really did love him as much as he loved her. Bofur reluctantly removing his lips from the dwarrowdams, as his lungs pleaded for him to breath; but he had come this far and was not about to lose this moment. The toymaker placing his forehead to (Y/n)'s and saying what he should have said, what he should have shown her, long before now.

"I love ya, lass..............."