Prophecies - Part 2 - Bilbo x Reader

Bilbo was on the verge of pulling his hair out. He had a home full of loud, uncouth, burping dwarves, that had not only pillaged his larder, and drunk him dry; but one had wiped the dirt from his boots on his mother's glory box, and he wasn't even about to think about what they had done to the plumbing; because if he did........no, no, he couldn't think about it............

"Where has that wizard got to?" The last of the dwarves that had knocked on his door, suddenly growled. Bilbo not sure whether he would be happy or not to see Gandalf; though he was sure that he would have a few words to say to the wizard when he did appear, about his unexpected guests. And then, as if on cue, a knock came to the door. Bilbo and all the dwarves turning to look at the round ingress. The hobbit straightening himself, before making his way to the door and opening it.

"Ah, Bilbo, my dear chap." Gandalf greeted cheerily, as he made his way into the small home; doing his best to not bang his head on the light fittings.

"And everyone is already here......good, good.........." He continued, as he looked over to where all the dwarves had amassed. Thorin about to step forward and demand to know where the wizard had been, until Gandalf spoke again.

"Oh, no.........." Gandalf said, as Bilbo went to close the door.

"You do not want to leave your final guest out in the cool night air." The wizard continued, as he made his way back over to the entrance to Bag End.

"Come in, my dear. You have nothing to fear. We are all friend's here." Everyone watching as a figure suddenly appearing in the doorway. Gandalf holding out his hand, as the form moved into the entranceway. A murmur going around the Company as the guest removed their hood, to reveal a female. Bilbo moving to stand in front of her. The hobbit lost for words as she looked down at him and smiled. Bilbo quickly combing his fingers through his hair and drawing himself to his full height.

"Gandalf.....what is the meaning of this.........?" Thorin demanded to know. As he looked the woman up and down.

"Yes, well, perhaps I should explain. Bilbo............" The wizard turning to look at the hobbit that was yet to take his eyes from his newest visitor.

"Would you be a good fellow and take (Y/n) here into the sitting room. Perhaps she would like a seat next to the fire. It is a little cool out this evening, and she is not used to the elements." Gandalf continued. Chuckling as Bilbo finally managed to take his eyes from her and smiled broadly.

"Er.......yes, of course. Please miss, if you will come with me.........?" Bilbo said, gesturing for her to follow him into the other room. (Y/n) looking to Gandalf who just nodded, before she followed after the little man.

                                                       >>-----------------------------------<<

The dwarves looked at Gandalf in disbelief. None of them had heard of such a thing before. Thorin and Balin had heard that there were elves that had these skills; but Gandalf assured them this woman was no elf. That she was merely a daughter of man that had been given a gift by the gods. A gift that stood her apart from the rest of her kind. And it was a gift that he had assured them, would be of use. Though Thorin was still to be convinced.

"So, not only do you want us to take along a hobbit that looks more like a grocer than a burglar; you also want us to be burdened with a woman that up until you went to get her, has seen nothing of the outside world for years; that does not know how to survive in the elements, has no idea how to wield a weapon; and up until today, has never lain eyes on either a dwarf or hobbit........." The prince grumbled. The other dwarves mumbling, as they looked between the son of Thráin and the wizard. The pair both puffing on their pipes.

"It is true that (Y/n) is no warrior. That she has spent the majority of her life in a temple that she was kept in so that others could ask for gold for her prophesies; and that her knowledge of the world and its peoples beyond the walls of that temple, is limited. Yet these disadvantages are nothing compared to the things that she can offer you; and I do not just speak of her ability to see visions. The ability to help you avoid anything that may darken your path. No, I speak of all the other abilities that I feel growing in her. Powers, skills that I am sure will come to her, now that she has escaped the grasp of those that have kept her from the world. And it is these, that will make up for her inability to wield either sword, axe or bow." Gandalf replied. A smile pulling at the corners of his lips, as Thorin turned to Balin; the old dwarf nodding before pulling a long reem of parchment from his coat and began to write out another contract.

                                                         >>-------------------------------<<

"Do I have something on my face.........?" Bilbo asked, as he sat across from the beautiful woman. Her eyes not having left him since she had followed him into the sitting room.

"I........I am sorry..........?" (Y/n) replied, her brows furrowing slightly at the question.

"You are staring at me............

"Oh, I.........." A blush coming to her cheeks. The seer not really realising that she had had her eyes on him for that long.

"You are the first hobbit that I have ever met. Though I have seen you before, in my vision when Gandalf came to see me..........."

"Visions.........You have visions.........and you saw me?" Bilbo enquired, finding himself moving forward in his chair. Having quite forgotten about the dwarves that had taken over his house.

"Yes, and yes. I can see the past, the present and the future depending on what people want to know. And when Gandalf came to the temple, he asked me what I could see. And what I saw was this place, and you. I could see you sat outside the green door, smoking your pipe and enjoying the sunshine. I could smell the roses and lavender and hear the birds in the trees." (Y/n) explained. A smile coming to her lips, as it became the hobbits turn to blush.

"Could you.......could you see my future........?" Bilbo asked. The heat in his cheeks not abating, as the beautiful woman before him, moved a little closer and removed the gloves that she was wearing. Holding out her hands for him to take.

"If that is what you wish..........." She countered. Bilbo nodding before slipping his hands into hers. The breath catching in his throat, as her eyes began to change.

"(Y/n), my dear." The sound of Gandalf's voice causing (Y/n) to pull away from the hobbit.

"I am sorry; but Master Oakenshield would like to speak with you." (Y/n) nodding, as she slowly got to her feet. Bending over to speak quietly to Bilbo, as she came to his side.

"Do not forget your handkerchief tomorrow when you leave the house. The horsehair, you will have a reaction..........."