Smelly, ugly, halfwit - Part 7 - Dwalin x Reader

She felt terrible. Her head spun, her stomach twisted and the spot where the fang of the spider had gone in, not only throbbed; but also sent painful shocks down her entire arm. Yet all that said, she still had to keep going; she had to find Bilbo.......the others; but most of all, she had to find Dwalin and make sure that he was alright.

(Y/n) still had no idea how she had come to be in the bed that she had woken up in. No idea why the cold elf had spoken to her as he had; but one thing that she did know, was that he had mentioned the dungeons, and although she had no idea where the dungeons might be, at least she knew that that was the place that she had to find. The hobbit quickly moving into the long shadows that seemed to hang over this kingdom, as she saw two elves making their way down the long corridor; one, a male, with long pale hair that looked very much like the elf that had been in the room with her; and the other a female, with hair that reminded (Y/n) of the autumn leaves that would fall from the trees in the Shire. The pair talking to one another; the hobbit not needing to be able to understand their words to know that the male was annoyed at something. That the look on his face could only have been caused by one thing.........and that was the stubbornness of a bunch of dwarves. A small smile pulling at the corners of her lips, as the male looked behind him, to a doorway that was guarded by two more elves, dressed in brilliant armour. (Y/n) hoping that that was the entrance to the kingdom's dungeons, and that beyond its doors, lay her brother and the Company.

Holding her breath, she waited for the elves to pass her by. She had managed to escape the room, and although the aloof elf had threatened to throw her into the dungeons when she had fully recovered, (Y/n) didn't want that to be just yet; knowing that she would not be able to help, if she was to end up in a cell along with the others. Yet even though the male and female elves were now out of sight, she would still have to deal with the ones that were guarding the door that hopefully led to the dungeon. (Y/n) looking around for anything that she might use to distract the elves; for anything that would get them away from the door. A smile growing, as her foot touched something; a few small rocks in a little pile, looking up at her. She didn't know whether the silly trick would work; elves were smart, though the elves that called this particular place home, were not supposed to be as smart as those that called Rivendell, home. (Y/n) quickly reaching down to pick up the small rocks; making sure that no one else was in the corridor, before she threw the first stone away from where she was. A soft huff leaving her lips, as neither elf seemed to notice, never mind move. But she was not about to give up, her little hand grasping onto the biggest of the stones, before sending it down the other end of the corridor.

                                                          >>----------------------------------<<

Dwalin and the others had tried to ask about (Y/n); well........they had more demanded to know about her, as they were unceremoniously pushed into their cells; their enquires as to the whereabouts and health of the female hobbit seeming to fall upon deaf ears as the cell doors were slammed behind them, without a word being said. Dwalin grabbing at the bars and shaking them, as he swore in Khuzdûl loud enough for the entire woodland kingdom to hear; promising that he would make every elf pay, if anything had happened to his beautiful little hobbit. His ire particularly focused on the pale haired elf that had taken (Y/n) away from them........from him. The image of her seemingly lifeless body in the elf's arms, as fresh now, as it was when they had been captured. The thought that he might have lost her, just after telling her how he truly felt for her; that he might never see her again, after he had confessed that he loved her, made him sick to his stomach. He was sure now that she was his one; and even though he would never have thought he would find his one and only, he most certainly would not have thought that if he did, she would be a strong-willed, outspoken, stubborn hobbit. But there was no other way of explaining how he felt for her. It becoming more and more obvious that Mahal had brought them together; and now that Mahal had, he wasn't about to lose her to anyone, or anything. The scarred warrior getting back to his feet and violently shaking the bars of his cell door.

"She will be alright, brother.........." Balin said, as he did his best to see his brother.

"Our dear mistress Baggins is far tougher than any of us have given her credit for. She has been by our sides as we fought wargs, orcs and goblins; so, I do not think that she would let the likes of spiders and elves get the better of her." The eldest son of Fundin continued. Balin not knowing whether he was saying those things to make his brother feel better, or himself. For it was true what he had said so long ago, that despite their loyalty to Thorin and this quest, it was the little female hobbit that had kept them together. It was (Y/n) that had been able to make them all smile after another long day of walking. And it had been (Y/n) had had been able to capture his brother's heart. Balin not sure how Dwalin would take it, if he were to lose her now.

"Dwalin.........?" A voice suddenly said quietly. Dwalin and the others instantly back at the doors to their cells, as the familiar voice called out his name again.

"(Y/n).........? (Y/n).........down here, lass........." Dwalin called back. The sound of soft footfalls filling the dark expanse. The big dwarf unable to stop himself from smiling, as suddenly she appeared in front of his cell door. Dwalin reaching his arms through the gap and placing his hands on her cheeks, before pulling her to him, and placing a kiss to her lips.