The Black Witch - Part 1 - Gandalf x Reader

Gandalf lay, battered and bruised atop Orthanc. His eyes looking out over Isengard, as flames, that came from the deep pits, filled the air. Saruman had betrayed them, all that was good in Middle-Earth. The first of the Istari, the emissaries of the Valar that had been sent to Middle-Earth in the Third Age to help stop the returned Sauron; the one that was head of the White Council, had fallen to his lust for power. The grey wizard knowing that this only made defeating the evil that wished to destroy everything, more difficult; though still not impossible. But it would mean that he would have to find someone else; it would mean that he had to get down from the top of the tower and speak to Lord Elrond and Lady Galadriel; the elves two of the few remaining beings in Middle- Earth, that might know where the one they would need, could be found. Gandalf speaking quietly to the moth in his hand, before sending it out into the night sky.

                                                             >>------------------------------------<<

Frodo was still to wake up from his brush with the Nazgul at Weathertop; but as much as Gandalf wanted to be there when the hobbit woke, first he had to speak to the two high elves........

"She has not been seen for many years, Mithrandir........." Elrond said, as he sat across from the wizard.

"I myself have not seen her since the War of the Last Alliance........" The half-elven lord continued. His thoughts going back when he had been a much younger elf. To the help that the female had given Gil-galad and Elendil. How her presence had turned the tide of the war, and brought elves and men, victory over the evil that threatened to consume their world. Elrond not sure if things would have gone as they had, if she had not been stood by the great elven lord's side. The son of Eärendil, well understanding why the grey wizard would want to find her, now.

"There is a tale..........." Galadriel began. The two males looking over to where the Lady of Light, stood; bathed in the light of the moon.

"A story that I have heard. Rumours, that after the fall of Sauron, she journeyed to a little known part of Middle-Earth; and there she slumbers, only to return when the world needs her once more. So, Mithrandir; I do not believe that you will have to search for her at all............." The elleth explained, giving the wizard a soft smile, before turning her eyes back to the realm that was covered in an ethereal glow. Gandalf hoping that the Lady of Lothlórien was right; that somehow the woman that he was sure was needed now, more than ever before, had felt the pull of the one ring, and was journeying towards the first homely house west of the wild lands of Rhovanion, over the Misty Mountains, as they spoke.

The Black Witch, despite her moniker; given to her for the dark clothes that she always wore, was one of the purest creatures ever to walk Middle-Earth. (Y/n) as she had been named, along with Gandalf, Saruman and the other Maiar, had assisted in the original creation of Arda. The only female emissary of the Valar, and a woman of such breathtaking beauty, kindness, and love, that Mairon had lost his heart to her; and she in turn, for him. Yet despite this love, when Mairon had allied himself with Melkor, she had refused to follow him; refused to betray what she was, and all those that she watched over. The Witch, as Elrond had noted, joining with the forces of men and elves, as they fought to defeat the scourge that threatened Middle-Earth. Her magic aiding the Children of Ilúvatar, to defeat the second Dark Lord. And even though Gandalf had had little to do with her over their long lives; just as he had with Alatar and Pallando the Blue, he still did not doubt her. And given what he now knew of Saruman; that all those of good heart in Middle-Earth could perish if Sauron was not defeated, he knew that he could not doubt her.

                                                          >>--------------------------------<<

A great black stallion galloped across the Wilds. Its rider pushing it ever onwards; her equally black cloak twisting and turning behind her, as the sure-footed beast, kept up its astonishing pace. They had been travelling for days; neither creature giving in to a need to rest, to eat. Just pushing on, as the calls grew louder and louder.

The Ring had woken her from her from her slumbers. The black speech surrounding her and pulling her back into the world. The words of the Dark Lord filling her ears, as she prepared to travel. She knew what he wanted, it was the same as he had desired before he had been defeated by the combined forces of elves and men; and that was to have her join him, to stand by his side and take her place as his queen. To become a true Black Witch and have her destroy everything that she had assisted to create. Yet despite the love that she had once held for the man that he had been. Despite the place in her heart that would always belong to him, she would never turn to the darkness. She would never betray those that looked to her kind for help. And the feeling of dread that was growing in the pit of her stomach, told her that she was needed now, possibly more than she had ever been before. That this time, she would fight until the Ring was destroyed; and the threat to Middle-Earth, was never allowed to rear its ugly head again. The Fourth Age, the time of men, needing to be ushered in; and she would do all she could to assist. The lady calling out a few words to the stallion; it finding an extra burst of speed, and carrying her to where the voice called her from, with all haste.