Not all who wander - Part 8 - Éomer x Aragorn x Reader

Éomer, Aragorn and (Y/n) sat around the table; the conversation flowing freely. The son of Éomund unable to keep his eyes from the half-elf, as she sat across from him. His heart skipping a beat, every time that Aragon would say something that made her laugh.

She looked beautiful tonight, not that she didn't the rest of the time; but tonight, (Y/n) seemed to be glowing. A soft, ethereal light appearing to emanate from her, as the oranges and reds from the fire in the hearth, danced in her eyes. The dress she was wearing, made her look like a goddess. One of the Valar that he had mistaken her for, the day that he and his men had ridden after her. The fabric effortlessly clinging to every dip and swell of her hips, thighs and bosom.

The king of Rohan had to admit, that once again, he felt a little jealous that Aragorn was the one that seemed to be able to make the elleth that he loved, smile so much. That the glow had only been present since the former Ranger had come to his kingdom; yet he knew that the feeling was foolish. (Y/n) having explained that she and Aragorn had known one another since the king of Gondor, was a child; the half elven having also told him, that she saw Elessar as the brother that she had never had. The sibling that she had always dreamed of. Éomer aware too, that she and Arwen had been friends for centuries, and that his breathtaking I randir, would never dream of hurting the other elleth.

Suddenly there was a loud knock on the door. The trio looking at one another, before Éomer called out for their visitor to enter. The brows of the Rohirrim monarch furrowing, as a rather flustered appearing guard stepped into the room, bowing to his own king and then Aragorn.

"My apologies, my king; but............." The guard began, as he slowly turned his gaze to (Y/n).

"My lady. I.............I am sorry, but there appears to be something wrong with Renia. He has taken to laying down, and he will not get up." The man explained. The half elf's eyes widening in horror, at the news. (Y/n) quickly getting to her feet, and running out of the door, leaving the poor man to explain to the two kings what had happened, as they all followed after her.

                                                         >>---------------------------------<<

(Y/n) ran as quickly as her feet would carry her, through the torch lit corridors of the Golden Hall and out towards the stables. Renia had to be alright, he had to be. He was all she had, and she had no idea what she would do without him. The pale stallion was not just a horse, he was her friend, her companion; the only constant in her wanderings across the length and breadth of Middle-Earth, and never once had he been sick; so, he could not be this time. He must just be pretending, so that she would give him some more attention. Yes, that was what it was; the elleth sure that when she finally got to the stables, he would look up at her, and then be on his feet; nudging her, until he brushed him. Yet as she moved into the stables; one of the young stable hands giving her a sad look, as she made her way to Renia's large stall, all she found, was that her worst thoughts seemed to have come true. Renia laying on his side, his eyes closed and his chest barely rising and falling. (Y/n) dropping to her knees, and beginning to cry, as she placed her head on her beloved steed's side.

                                                       >>---------------------------------<<

Éomer and Aragorn followed the guard into the stables. Éomer swallowing heavily, as they made their way to Renia's stall, and found a distraught (Y/n) sobbing, as she lay her head on her horse's side.

"Renia, what is wrong? You have to be well; you have to be pretending......." The elleth beseeched. Éomer feeling powerless, as the one he loved, sounded so broken. Aragorn staying back, as his friend moved into the stall.

"I love you, Renia. You cannot leave me; you are all that I have. Without you, I will have no one.............."

"That isn't true..........." Éomer suddenly said. His stomach tying itself in knots, as (Y/n) raised her head and looked at him. The former third Marshal of the Riddermark, wanting nothing more than to take away the pain he saw in her eyes.

"Éomer, what..........?"

"You are wrong, (Y/n). Renia is not all that you have; not anymore. Rohan......Edoras is now your home. You are surrounded by a people that love you. And.........and you have me, too." Éomer explained, as he dropped to his knees by her side, and took her face in his hands.

"I love you, (Y/n). I have loved you from the first moment that I saw you. From that moment that you woke and asked me if you were in Valinor; because only something as beautiful as me, could exist in the realm of the Valar." The horseman continued, as he brushed the tears away from her cheeks.

"Éomer............Meleth nîn" (Y/n) replied, as she dropped against him. Her hands clinging to his tunic as she looked down at Renia. Not sure whether her heart was going to burst with joy, first; or break from sadness.

"I love you too. I have known since I opened my eyes and I saw you, that wherever you were, that was where I belonged. That whoever, or whatever you were, I would never be far from your side. You have my heart, Éomer; and I love you more than I can ever say........."

"You have my heart too; but I cannot ask you to surrender your immortality.........." Éomer replied. His heart overflowing with love; yet his head filled with so many thoughts. Still hating the idea of asking her to give up her immortality, for him.

"What want I with immortality, if you are not in my life?" (Y/n) quickly interjected, as she looked at him.

"I would rather live one beautiful, perfect mortal life in the arms of the man I adore, than a thousand lifetimes, without you. I have already lived enough lonely years, Éomer; I do not wish to live any more. I freely and happily surrender my immortality for you; all I ask in return, is that you promise to love me, as I will love you, until the day that we die." The half elven continued, as she looked into his eyes. Éomer once more taking her face into his hands.

"I promise, my love........." He swore, before placing his lips to hers. The pair lost in their own world, as they kissed. So much so, that neither of them noticed that Renia had got to his feet and made his way over to Aragorn. The king of Gondor smiling and patting him on the neck before giving him an apple.

"You did well, Renia. You did very well........." He told the stallion. Giving Renia one last pat, before deciding to leave his two friends to enjoy their kiss. A kiss that would be the first of many.