A dwarf in hobbit's clothing - Part 4 - Fili x Kili x Thorin x Reader

(Y/n) and Bilbo both breathed a sigh of relief, as Thorin finally called out that they would make camp for the night. (Y/n) quickly dismounting her mare, before making her way over to her brother.

"Is it supposed to hurt this much......?" Bilbo asked quietly, as (Y/n) helped him from the saddle.

"You will get used to it. Another couple of days, and hopefully you won't feel it anymore." She replied, patting him on the shoulder, before turning her attention to the dwarves that were now rushing around, undertaking Thorin's barked orders. Gandalf and Balin taking a seat up against a large rock, before pulling out their pipes.

"Is everything alright, (Y/n)?" Bilbo asked, as he saw a strange look on his sister's face.

"I............I don't know. There is something about being around all these dwarves, that.............." Her words fading away, as she watched Óin and Glóin come back with some quickly collected wood, so that they could start a fire. As she watched Bombur turning his attention to the saddlebags that were filled with supplies, so that he could start the evening meal. It was only the first day, and as annoyed as she still was at Thorin for how he had spoken to her, what he insinuated that she was; she still had to admit that the others were quite......well, nice.......for dwarves. All of them coming to join her and Bilbo at some point during the day, and introducing themselves, properly. The likes of Glóin and Bombur telling the pair from the Shire about their wives and little ones, while others like Fili, Kili, Bofur, Ori and even the big, gruff Dwalin, came over to ask about themselves. (Y/n) sure that most of the questions had been directed at her, but still............And despite herself, something inside her; something that she had done her best to bury as deep as possible, was beginning to rear its head, and she was not sure what to think about it. Not sure how to feel.

"(Y/n). What..........?"

"Its nothing, Bilbo. Why don't you take our bedrolls and lay them out, while I get my weapons and take the saddles from the ponies." His sister assured. Sending him a soft smile, before pulling her bedroll from the back of her saddle and handing it to him. Bilbo nodding as (Y/n) handed him, his. The hobbit looking around to find the best of ground that he could. His feet kicking away a few stones, before unfurling the rolls, and laying them down. Bilbo doing his best not to groan; not to wish that he was still in the Shire and could sit in his favourite comfortable chair, rather than replacing a saddle for the hard ground.

                                                            >>---------------------------------<<

Fili nudged his brother, as he watched Bilbo leave (Y/n)'s side. It was the first time that the hobbit had moved from his sister's side, since he had run up to the Company, with the signed contract in his hand. And although he had been pleasant enough when the brothers and the others had gone to introduce themselves properly, to not only him, but more importantly, to (Y/n); it was obvious that as Gandalf had said, Bilbo took his role as big brother, very seriously. None of them blind to the look in his eyes, when one of the dwarves appeared to get a little too close to his sister, for his liking.

"Come on.........." Kili said. He and Fili nonchalantly making their way over to where (Y/n) had just taken a wrapped-up bundle, from the side of her saddle.

                                                          >>----------------------------------<<

"What's that..........?" (Y/n) quickly turning on her heels at the question. Her hand being placed over her rapidly beating heart, as she saw Fili and Kili smiling at her. The younger prince nodding towards the bundle in her arms.

"These........." (Y/n) taking a deep breath, as she did her best to settle her racing pulse. Not sure where her mind must have been for her not to hear the brother's coming up behind her.

"These are my weapons.........." The dwarrowdam in hobbit's clothing replied, as if it were completely obvious, before she placed the bundle atop a large flat rock and began to unbuckle the belly strap of the saddle.

Kili in particular, had noticed the quiver full of arrows that was slung over (Y/n)'s back. He more than interested to ask her about her skill with a bow; but before he could, he had been interrupted by Dwalin. The large dwarf riding by (Y/n)'s side and monopolising her time for far longer than many of the other males had liked.

"Your weapons? Can we see...........?" Fili nodding in agreement at his brother's request. (Y/n) seeming to muse for a moment, before making her way back over to her weapons, and slowly pulling away the old blanket that held them. The brother's eyes widening as they saw the glint of metal. The dwarrowdam producing a long metal bow and sword.

The bow seemed to be as long as she was tall, and neither Fili nor Kili had seen its like before; especially not in Dwarvish hands. Kili hoping that if she would not allow him to shoot it; then at least he might get to hold it and get a feel for. But then.......then there was the sword. It was far more delicate than a dwarven blade yet looked no less strong; and there was some kind of decoration etched into the gleaming metal that picked up the colours of the dying sun. The orange and red hues making it appear as though the sword was on fire.

"Where did ya get those..........?" Another voice suddenly enquired. Fili and Kili turning to see their uncle stood behind them. This the first thing that he had said to the dwarrowdam since their second little incident, the night before.

"If I didn't know better, I would say that they were elvish weapons.........." The word 'elvish' being spat out, as if it had caused a bad taste in Thorin's mouth, and he desired to be rid of it.

"Elves..........? How many elves is it you think that there have been through the Shire since I was brought there? I will tell you.......none. These weapons have never seen an elf's, or any others hand. I am the one that forged this sword and bow. They are mine, and I am the only one that touches them. And if you dislike their look so much, may I suggest you do not look at them.........or me.........!" (Y/n) remarked back. Carefully wrapping her weapons back up in the old blanket, taking the bundle up into her arms before heading for her brother. Making sure to bump her shoulder into Thorin's as she passed.

"Not looking at you will be a pleasure!" Thorin called back. The prince glaring at Kili, who couldn't help but chuckle at the interaction, before he turned and stormed off to sit on the other side of the fire; muttering to himself, as he did his best to ignore the insufferable female that he would have to put up with for the rest of the quest.