Queen of the woods - Part 6 - Thranduil x Thorin x Reader

The queen looked up, as a horn sounded; quickly getting to her feet and making her way over to a chest within which sat her bow and arrow filled quiver. It had been many a moon since she had fired a shot in anger; many a moon since she had used it to do anything but practice. Yet the sounding of the horn told her that it was time to change that. (Y/n) just hoping that her new friend, Bilbo, had been able to get Thorin and the others away. That the terror that had come into the kingdom, had not found them.

After speaking of her plans to help release Thorin and the others from their cells and get them out of Mirkwood, Bilbo had told her about their journey so far; about how they were being hunted by orcs, and that the Defiler himself, wanted to end the Durin line. The queen finding the notion of such a thing, heartbreaking. The thought of the death of Thorin, hurting her more than she could imagine. For even though elves loved only once, and Thranduil was the love of her life, her one and only; she still had to admit that the son of Thráin, had made a little place for himself in her heart, over her many trips to the Lonely Mountain. That he had snuck in and buried himself deep within a part of her soul; and she would not see him die, nor any of those in his Company. Bilbo informing her, that Dwalin was also with them. The elleth having more than her fair share of wonderful memories of both sons of Fundin.

As she had finally made her way back to bed, gratefully that she had not disturbed her beloved husband; she had found herself dreaming. Dreaming an awful dream. The queen standing before the broken gates to the Mountain, as a battle raged on around her. Elves, dwarves and men fighting against hordes of orcs, that just seemed to keep coming and coming. Yet it was not the fight around her that disturbed her the most; it was not the thing that caught her eyes, no. What caught her attention was Ravenhill. The outlying hill that lay in the shadow of Erebor and overlooked the River Running and the valley of Dale. Something pulling her to the ruins. The queen running as quickly as she could, towards whatever drew her there. And then, there she was watching, horrified as the white orc slay a young blonde-haired dwarf. (Y/n) closing her eyes for a moment, as the body was thrown from the tumbled down fortress. The queen opening them, again, only to see another young, this time, dark-haired dwarf, lying dead. Tauriel cradling him in her arms as she wept. Yet it was when she saw the final part of her vision, that her heart truly broke, as she watched, helpless, the battle between Thorin and Azog. The lady falling to her knees, and tears rolling down her cheeks, as the final moments of Thorin's life played out before her. Bilbo by his friend's side, begging him not to go. For him to hang on, just for a little longer. Yet despite everything, despite the hobbit's best attempts, the light in Thorin's beautiful eyes, had finally gone out; (Y/n) waking, screaming for it not to be true. Thranduil quickly pulling her into his arms, and doing his best to console her, as her tears soaked his skin. The queen not able to tell her beloved everything that she had seen in her dream; only able to say that she had had an awful vision. Images of a war which he and their people would become involved. The lady promising herself, as Thranduil combed his fingers through her hair, that she would do all she could to prevent the deaths she had seen. Particularly that of Thorin.

"(Y/n)!" A voice called out, as she queen made her way out of her rooms. The queen turning to see her husband quickly making his way towards her.

"Oakenshield and the other dwarves have escaped. There are orcs............" Thranduil began. His brows furrowing, as he finally saw the quiver and bow that she was concealing behind her back.

"What are you doing...............?"

"As you were saying, there are orcs, and I am going to help kill them......." (Y/n) explained, before doing her best to move passed her husband. Only to find herself caught in his arms.

"You will do no such thing. The guards are out there now, taking care of the menace. You are the queen, my beloved; if anything were to happen to you.........."

"But what about our son, Thranduil? What if something were to happen to him? He is out there; I can feel it. And what about Tauriel.........?"

"I care nothing for the Silvan..............."

"You may care nothing for her; but our son does. Legolas is in love with her, Thranduil. Our son is in love; and thought you may not approve of the match; his heart wants what it wants. Nothing you can say or do, will change that; only what she does. And given his love for her, I will not allow any harm to befall her." (Y/n) continued, as she did her best to struggle from his grip. The queen not only wanting to aid her son and the elleth that he loved; but to also ensure that the dwarves had successfully got away from their kingdom. Yet given the hold that the king continued to have on her, (Y/n) knew that she wasn't going anywhere.

"You are right, my love; but I still cannot let you go. I will not lose you. I cannot lose you. Legolas knows what he is doing, and Tauriel is the captain of the guard; they will be fine. The orcs that dare to invade our kingdom will be killed, and Oakenshield and his cohorts will find themselves back in the cells. Now..........." Thranduil replied, as he took the bow and quiver from her hands; placing them in the arms of a guard that had just been beckoned over by him.

"Come........." He continued, as he placed his arm around her, and led her back to her room. (Y/n) hoping that he was right, that their son and Tauriel would be alright; but wrong about Thorin. The queen promising that if her dream of a war did come to be, then no matter what Thranduil said, no matter his protests; she would be there to make sure that her visions about Thorin and the other dwarves, did not come true.