Life's a Playground, Wanna Play? [Katelena]

A/N: More bishova shenanigans! Finally a prompt that made it out of the idea phase and is actually written. Go me! 

---

Yelena would do anything for Nate Barton, that kid had her wrapped around his tiny finger, and that's exactly why she was stuck in a baby swing.

She was 25 years old and she was stuck in one of those goddamn bucket swing seats meant for babies.

This might be the most embarrassing moment of her entire life.

You might be wondering how this happened?

Right, let's rewind shall we.

Yelena had woken up early as usual. She went on her daily run with Fanny, made herself a quick smoked salmon bagel (herbed cream cheese is a gamechanger), fed Fanny, and finished up a document of new recipes to send to Sydney, her co-sous chef at the restaurant she works at while sipping on coffee.

Now she was singing along to Bee Gees "How Deep is Your Love" in the car with Fanny in the backseat, head sticking out of a window with her tongue lolled out happily.

"'Cause we're living in a world of fo-"

Yelena frowned as the song abruptly stopped and the unflattering image of a redhead mid-sneeze appeared on the head unit of her car. Debating silently if she was going to answer or not, she sighed deeply before tapping the green button.

"Can you pick up a bag of ice before you get here?"

"Hello to you too, сестра. No, hiii little sister I can't wait to see you! I miss you so so much!" Switching lanes so she can exit off the freeway, she pushed back her sunglasses on her face and gasped at what her sister said next.

"Now why would I lie?"

Yelena tutted and shook her head disapprovingly, "Very rude, very rude Natasha. And for that, there will be no ice bag."

"Okay, I'll tell Nate we can't have any snow cones tod-"

"Suka," Rolling her eyes she grumbled, "I will bring two bags", Yelena started to drive towards the nearest grocery store and lowered the volume when Natasha bursted out in a fit of laughter.

"I'm sure Nate and the rest of the kids will be very grateful. We'll see you later, сестра. And yes..Я действительно скучаю по тебе. Приезжай скорее. (I do miss you. Get here soon.)"

The call ended and Yelena put the car in park as she pulled into the lot. Glancing at Fanny who was stretching on her hind legs, she smiled softly and petted the akita.

"Let's go Fanny. I'll get you something for being a good girl during the ride."

After dropping the ice bags on the park table, giving Fanny's leash to Clint, and receiving hugs from the Bartons (except for the older Barton. She stuck with a rough back pat for Clint), Yelena was sipping on strawberry lemonade that Lila had made while sitting with her sister. The duo was watching the Barton family playing a game of ninja that Yelena, frankly does not understand, but cackles when Clint stumbles and falls to the ground. Fanny who was sniffing near them barked at the action and jumped on Clint who accepted his fate and wrapped his arms around the akita attempting to calm her down.

"Ha!" Yelena snorted and ignored Natasha's light shove she received as a response.

"So..how's my favorite chef? Any progress on the new menu?" The blonde watched her older sister lean back on the picnic table they were sitting at. The older woman was wearing a striped white and blue long sleeve with a few buttons unbuttoned revealing an arrow shaped necklace and a simple pair of blue jeans cuffed to her ankle.