Height Difference [Florlee]

Prompt: The height difference between Hailee and Florence in Flo's perspective
~  [AU]

Type: Fluff

This was inspired by this scene ^ in the assembled episode haha. I never really realized how short Flo is compared to Hailee. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy the first oneshot of this book!

--------
Third Person POV

It was something that always bothered the blonde growing up.

It was a a total disadvantage. Having to make a lot more effort than most to grab something from a high platform. Not being able to see anything when being in a standing crowd. Especially during concerts. It was the absolute worst. Having to roll up jeans because they're always too long. The list can go on and on.

Lately, however, Florence has had a change in heart.

It all started when she began dating Hailee.

She noticed all the times she was grateful for being the small one, although Florence would argue she's not that small, Hailee's just annoyingly tall, okay?

Florence would notice that whenever she seems to be struggling with getting something from the top shelf, Hailee is always there to assist her.

Now she's an independent woman who doesn't need anyone's help, but it was the fact that Hailee would come up right behind her to help her out. This causes their bodies to press up against each other, and Florence swears Hailee does this on purpose, although Hailee acts like it's not intentional.

Hailee would come up behind her and place one hand on Florence's waist while the other reaches out to grab whatever the blonde was trying to grab.

And that was the first time Florence was actually grateful to be short if it meant Hailee being this close to her.

So what, maybe Florence has purposely been struggling with reaching higher areas more than usual?

The second time was when Hailee first leant her, her own clothes. Specifically Hailee's favorite honey yellow hoodie. Being that Florence was short and small, wearing Hailee's hoodie makes if look like she's drowning in it, fitting perfectly almost like a dress.

"My favorite girl in my favorite clothes." Hailee breathed out when her eyes settled on the blonde girl. Florence remembers blushing hard curling into the hoodie more to hide her red face. This was unsuccessful as Hailee tackled Florence and embraced her favorite girl.

That was the first time and definitely not the last time, Florence will be wearing her girlfriend's clothes.

The third time was when they were in the kitchen eating the batch of cookies they just baked.

Florence was sitting on top of the counter with Hailee standing between her legs, the latter was holding out a cookie in both hands, one for herself and one for the girl on the counter. Occasionally, Florence would signal for Hailee to feed the girl by opening her mouth with wide eyes which never fails to make Hailee giggle but nonetheless hold the cookie up to the girl's mouth.

"Wi didnd do a bud job" Florence spoke with her mouth full of cookie clearly still chewing.

Hailee scrunched her face at her girlfriend's nonexistent manners but smiled nonetheless,

"Yeah it isn't bad but we can definitely tone it down with the sugar" Hailee made a face after taking one last bite of her cookie. Now she had one free hand while the other one still held Florence's cookie. Taking advantage of a now free hand, she wrapped it around Florence's waist causing Florence to tighten her legs around Hailee as a response.