She is [Katelena]

(A/N: I want to change Katelena into bishova for all the titles but I'm too lazy! Anyways, this was motivated solely from Florence posting the sneak peek of Yelena today and me imagining how Kate would react to it. i ended up writing some young avengers shenanigans with it. probably not accurate but it's all fun! solely for fun. nothing serious. just delusion. enjoy!)

Prompt:

"So when do we meet him?"

"Her." Sam corrected as Maria raised her voice,

"Yelena, you can enter now."

Kamala across the table from America, couldn't stop her jaw from dropping when she realized that the thunderbolts leader was not a man, but a woman.

Or the Young Avengers meet the Thunderbolts leader but that's not the only new piece of information they learn (ft. Yelena with short hair)

-/-/-

"I'm just saying Mer. You shouldn't trust someone who doesn't like avocados."

Kate held open the door to the Avenger's meeting room for the others, the familiar creak echoing softly through the open space as she glanced over to her teammates walking in. In her other hand, she twirled a USB arrow with ease.

"Who doesn't like avocados?" Peter piped up from his seat, curiosity evident in his tone, as he fiddled with a folder opened up on his lap.

"America's new girlfriend," Cassie teased as she sat by the Spider and opened up the folder in front of her. Kate taking her usual seat in the middle of Peter and America as the latter sulks in her seat.

"She's not my girlfriend.." America murmured defensively with a pout.

The four of them continued to bicker back and forth as the room filled up with other Young Avengers, some adding their own playful jabs. ("Awww, you have a girlfriend Mer? When can I meet her?", "No, Kamala.", "What did I miss?", "Nothing Billy.")

America was just getting started with her long rant about why she can't date across universes, something to do with what Dr. Strange said, when Maria Hill and Sam Wilson walk into the room.

Kate, like the Hawkeye she is, caught the sight of the two before anyone else who were still chattering with each other. Placing the arrow down on the table, she whistled sharply causing the rest of the young avengers to quieten down and redirect their attention to the two waiting in the front of the room.

With her hands folded in front of her, Maria tried to hide her smirk at the act of obedience from the young team. It was an unspoken agreement that Kate was the leader of the Young Avengers, the girl having a natural gift in leading and demonstrating a remarkable ability in maintaining composure and making sound decisions during missions.

"Thank you guys for meeting with us today. I know it's Friday and we don't meet on Fridays, but the Thunderbolts team is back from a mission meaning the leader of the Thunderbolts is here and-," Sam started off but Maria cut him off after taking a proper glance around the room.

"Where's Tommy?"

Everyone turned to Billy who gestured with his hand, "He's right there."

Just like that Tommy appeared next to Sam, hair disheveled and a wide grin on his face, holding an armful of chocolate biscuits, "I'm sorry! I'm 2 minutes late I know but look what I got!"

He received silence as a response.

"Tim Tams!"

Sam just sighed and gestured for Tommy to take a seat beside his brother, but not before grabbing a container of TimTams and continuing with them in his hand. Tommy received nudges from Billy and Peter, a silent thank you, because the team has been craving the sweet treat for a while now.