seeing our future together [Katelena]

Summary:

"Who was that sexy specimen, Yelena Belova?!?!" The veterinary clinic's front desk assistant whistled from behind the counter. Yelena made eye contact with the woman who was fanning herself exaggeratedly,

"She is giving huge nerdy-sexy vibes with those glasses that I would love to help fog up!"

Yelena's jaw dropped at the obscene comment from her co-work

---

A/N: As you know, votes and [spam] comments are much appreciated and is what keeps the updates going :)

---

"Дерьмо (shit). I'm going to kill her."

Yelena muttered under her breath as she adjusted the round glasses slipping down her nose. She had forgotten her original pair at home, having rushed out of Natasha and her apartment earlier today. Now having to deal with her backup that she kept in her car for emergencies, she was thinking of different ways to kill her sister. Natasha had forced her to get these round glasses as a secondary (after making several more Harry Potter jokes) which she eventually gave in to silent her plus she didn't think she would ever have to actually use them.

It hasn't even been a month since she's needed glasses and she's already gotten into the habit of forgetting them at home.

Glancing at the time on her apple watch, she deems there being enough time to grab coffee from her favorite local coffee shop called 'Asgardians Coffee' right across from where she worked.

Dressed in her sky blue scrubs, she gets out of her car and starts to make her way down to the shop. Just as she was a few feet away from the front door of the shop, that's when she notices a speck of dirt in the upper part of her right lens. Frowning, she uses the window of a car parked on the side street near Asgardians to inspect her glasses.

The window was tinted so she was able to see her reflection clearly from it.

She worked fast.

Removing the glasses and wiping the speck of dirt with the bottom of her scrubs shirt, she proceeded to put it back on and nodded approvingly to herself.

Taking the time while she was there to fix the rest of her appearance up; tucking loose strands behind her ear and plucking some of Fanny's fur that was stuck on her scrubs, she was just about to finally fuel up on caffeine when the window she was using as a mirror suddenly rolled down.

Jumping back in fright, Yelena yelped and inevitably watched the window reveal a familiar pair of blue eyes watching her with an apologetic yet amused smile.

"Hey!" The woman chirped as she peeked her head out and placed her arm on the side of her car, leaning against it–why was this simple action so hot?

"Miss Belova right?"

"It's just Yelena," she corrected, trying to calm her rapidly beating heart, "You remember me?"

"Yelena," Kate repeated, sending a shiver down Yelena's spine, "And to answer your question..well I have a really good memory. Also! I'm sorry if I frightened you. I didn't want to interrupt the whole.." gesturing to her glasses and mimicked cleaning them.

She flushed at the realization of her using the woman's window as a mirror while Kate herself was inside, probably watching in horror as she humiliated herself.

такой глупый (So stupid), Yelena thought to herself.

"I apologize-," Yelena started off clearing her throat trying not to let the embarrassment get to her but the red creeping up the back of her neck to her ears was not helping.