It's a Tradition [Katelena]

(A/N: Ask and you shall receive, here it is!

Holiday special!

Prompt: Kate complains to Peter about her nonexistent love life before Christmas Day.

I hope you guys enjoy this one. I haven't written a long one in a while

Vote and comment for more!)

———

"There's two weeks left until Christmas,"

Kate huffs as she plops onto the booth across from Peter.

The comforting smell of coffee and cinnamon from behind the kitchen fills the local diner's air. This was a tradition for the two best friends to meet up every afternoon after classes on Thursdays at Barton's Diner. The place was decorated for the holidays, with lights outlining the entire room and a snowman napkin holder on every single table. Not to mention the Christmas tree in the corner, near the front door, which was decked out in ornaments and if you looked closely, you can see that they were hand-made with the names of the owners' children on there.

"O..kay?" Peter blinked confusedly, his hands cupping a mug of hot chocolate to keep his hands warm.

Kate just groans before placing her arms on the table and laying her head on them, now looking to the side where she can see Laura, 1/2 of the owners of the diner watching her amusedly from the cashier counter. The owner of Barton's Diner were like family to her. She's known them for quite awhile now and they were there for her more than her mom ever was. She sends a weak smile before closing her eyes defeatedly.

"Are you okay? I know it's finals week, but hey it's almost over-" Peter rambled before getting cut off,

"No, no that's not the problem. Although Mr. Allen's physics final exam is absolutely going to kick my ass," Kate says exasperatedly before sighing loudly, "No, it's two weeks left and.."

"And..?"

"And I am still lonely as fuck! I'm going to be spending the holidays completely alone, Peter!" Kate cries out.

"Hey no that's not true-"

"My mom is out of the country doing whatever business she has like always, there's no way I'm spending the holidays with Jack that's just awkward without my mom there, well I guess there's Lucky..but I need human contact too you know? God, I need a girlfriend"

"Um hello? You have us? MJ, me, Robin, Nancy-"

"I'm going to be fifth wheeling you guys." Kate said deadpanned, "Do you know how miserable that is?"

"You can invite someone if you want-" Peter tries to help.

"Like who? I doubt anyone else is free, everyone probably has plans" Kate grumbled, "And it still wouldn't change the fact that I'm alone alone. I'm still single."

"How long has it been anyways?" Peter questioned taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

"like..2 years?" Kate mumbled making Peter nearly spit out his drink.

"Wait it's been that long since Brooke broke u-" (A/N: Imagine Brooke being played by Grace Van Dien if you want a visual. Yes, Kate has a type. Blondes.)

"Don't finish that sentence if you don't want the rest of your hot chocolate on you," Kate glared. Peter threw his hands up,

"Sorry, sorry. So..are you going to do anything about that?"

"What do you mean?" Kate asked.

"Well, you're Kate Bishop. You always get what you want. Find someone to bring with you to our get together" Peter shrugs.