Best Friend's Sister [Florlee]

Last oneshot was trash, I apologize, so to make up for it, have this story and hopefully this one is better

~ High School AU

Hailee's POV

"My head is about to explode" I whined slamming my face into my calculus book. It's been 3 hours since Raffie and I first started studying for our calculus class we had tomorrow.

"We're almost done. We can just review the last chapter on integrals and we'll be set" Raffie flipped through her calculus book before looking back up to wait for my response.

"No. We're done. We've been doing this for 3 hours Raf," I complained, "and I'm hungry."

"Ah we can't have that, can we?" Raffie chuckled before closing her own book. I shook my head dramatically.

"We can't have my best friend starve" Raffie cried as she stood up and motioned for me to get up.

"C'mon Steinfeld. Let's go get us some food" Raffie ushered. I nodded excitedly and made my way out of Raffie's room and started heading downstairs. Knowing the house like the back of my hand since I've been here many times.

You see, Raffie has been my best friend for 3 years now. Freshman year to be exact. It all started when Raffie sat down next to me in Biology class and starting rummaging through her backpack for something Apparently Raffie had forgotten her biology book at home, which I noticed, so I offered to share my book with her for the day. We hit it off, exchanged phone numbers, and continued to sit next to each other during lunch.  Even though three years isn't a lot, it feels like I've known this girl since elementary. We're inseparable.

"Your mom's not home?" I questioned as we entered the kitchen and I sat on one of the stools.

"Nope not yet. I don't think anyone but us is here" Raffie commented as she opened the fridge and started to scan for something edible.

"Do you want leftover shrimp fried rice that my mom made yesterday?" Raffie asked grabbing the covered bowl.

"Sure. I'm good with anything" I accepted.

Raffie snorted, "I know. You eat anything. I can't believe you tried that one skewer that one time"

"Oh you mean the chicken intestine!" I lit up thinking about the stick of food, "That was so good"

Raffie made a face, "You're so weird. I can't believe I put up with you." Raffie playfully says as she hands me the fried rice after heating it up.

"You love me" I cheekily responded back before shoving a mouthful of rice into my mouth.

"Mhmm, sadly" Raffie laughs lightly watching her bed friend eat like she's been starved for days now.

The two continue to eat and talk amongst themselves before eventually they finish.

"Hey you want some cookies?" Raffie suddenly stands up and walks over to a cabinet. I lift an eyebrow watching the girl remove a pack of cookies from an area that made it obvious it was in a hidden spot.

"Uh..sure?" I questioned before grabbing a cookie from Raffie.

"They're really good. Trust me" Raffie grins before grabbing another for herself and immediately diving in.

I stare at the cookie in my head for a second before opening my mouth to take a bit.

"Oh wow" I hummed in approval before taking another bite, "This is really good."

"Right? Here take another. I gotta put them away now" Raffie shoved another cookie in my hand before walking back quickly and putting it away.

"Why such a ru-" I began to question with a full cookie and a quarter cookie left in my hands.