Same Nightmare [Wandanat]

Prompt: Wanda and Natasha enjoy a night under the stars on a hammock.

I don't know what to is is but uh enjoy?
-----

"Do you ever just wonder if the brain of the person who named the brain, realizes it named itself?"

Natasha glances down at the young woman who had found comfort on her chest, snuggling closer for warmth. The two were laying on a hammock, well Natasha was, Wanda was laying on the older woman more than the actual hammock. It was almost midnight, everything was quiet besides the sound of the hammock creaking every now and then.

"You're speaking as if the brain is a whole entity from the body itself?"

"Dualism" Wanda wondered out loud.

"Okay, but do you ever wonder how many people at this moment are staring at the same set of stars as us?" Natasha changed the subject as she points up at the stars.

"You know what, I never thought about that" Wanda intertwined her hands on Natasha's chest, adjusting herself and setting her chin up on her hands, now looking at Natasha.

The older woman raised her eyebrow at the sudden attention,

"Yes?"

"I like this" Wanda simply said.

"The stars?"

"All of it. This. Being here with you. It's so quiet..peaceful." Wanda sighed before placing setting her head back on Natasha's chest.

The redhead just hums in responds.

"Isn't that what we deserve? After everything?" Natasha quietly comments running her hand through the girl's hair.

Wanda sighs in content at the action before answering,

"Do you think Clint's okay?"

"I think Clint is probably glued to his kids and Laura. Spoiling them and everything. I mean 5 years without them? I wouldn't want to leave their side." Natasha thought out loud.

Wanda goes back to her previous position her chin on her hands to look at Natasha,

"Like how you won't leave my side?" Wanda teased.

"I don't hear you complaining," Natasha shoots back making Wanda giggle.

"Come here," Natasha whispers before pulling Wanda up and kissing the girl.

The younger one of the two giggled into the kiss before reciprocating eagerly. Letting her hands drop onto Natasha's shoulders, she melts into the kiss before pulling away to leave a trail of kisses down Natasha's jaw, down to her neck.

"Wanda.." Natasha moaned softly.

Wanda can only hum in response before continuing down the redhead's neck to find that spot that she knows gets the woman gasping.

"Wanda.."

"Wanda!"

"WANDA!"

The young woman gasps and jolts out of bed, frantically blinking as she looks around.

She was in a room.

Not outside.

There was no hammock.

No Natasha.

Only a worried and concerned looking Clint who looks much older now that 5 years went by, not that Wanda was there for it, plus the final war probably didn't help with the wrinkles either.

"Woah you okay, Wands? You've been sleeping for over 12 hours. Laura and I were getting worried especially since you haven't eaten"

Wanda blinks before nodding slowly, "Yeah..yeah I'm fine. Just really tired I guess."

Clint just nods slowly before pointing behind him, "Well Laura is reheating lunch she made earlier. Come down when you're ready, yeah? The kids are looking for you."

"I'll be there" Wanda sends a weak smile before the man nods and leaves Wanda alone in the guest room quietly.

Wanda sighs once the door closes and runs a hand through her hair.

Another vivid dream that felt a bit..too real.

They had won their fight with Thanos after thankfully bringing everyone back that was snapped. It was a win.

It didn't feel like a win to Wanda.

Natasha had sacrificed herself for a stupid stone and was the reason why Wanda was back as well as half of the universe.

Natasha and her stupid hero-complex.

She had tried looking for her on the field but couldn't look thoroughly midfight. It wasn't until the end, when they finally won, that she realized Natasha was nowhere to be seen.

She wasn't prepared for Clint to explain what had happened.

Now, she didn't blame Clint. Of course not, she knows he tried but Natasha is just too stubborn and too good for the archer to beat.

She was glad she had Clint by her side. He had graciously offered his place until she was ready and she had accepted. She's been staying with him for about 2 weeks now and the dreams haven't stopped.

They're always the same.

Always with Natasha.

Every night, the same dream. And every morning, the same nightmare.

Just as Wanda had finally gotten the motivation to get out of bed, golden sparks appear out of nowhere forming a oval shape portal. The woman yelps in surprise and instinctively holds her hands out in front of her defensively with red orbs.

"It's just me, calm down" The familiar voice of Doctor Strange causes the woman's ears to perk up but not put down her arms. He walks through the portal with his cloak flowing effortlessly with every movement.

"What are you doing here?" Wanda demands still on defense.

"I'm not here to hurt you" Dr Strange promises, "I need to talk to you. Now will you please put it away. Thanos was enough for the next 50 years, I don't need to get into another fight."

Wanda reluctantly puts her hands down and nods slowly, "What is it?"

"Have you been having dreams lately?" Dr Strange went straight to the point.

Wanda raised an eye row, "H-How'd you know?"

Dr. Strange doesn't bother to answer that, instead he exhales loudly,

"Do you know anything about the multiverse?"

And with that Wanda's eyes widen in realization.

-----
Words: 1003

A/N: DUNDUNDUN! Ambiguous ending! Yeah, ya'll are going to hate me for this one, oops.

Ending thoughts: Wanda, in fact, does know about the multiverse because of Vision and she realizes that the dreams she keeps having about Nat are indeed true. There are Natasha's out there and now that Wanda knows that... well..you can interpret her next move from there.