𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊-𝕶𝖊𝖍𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖎

kehlani's pov

Two months after he left, everything was changing. I was becoming closer and closer with his family, they've been preparing me for when he becomes Don which is terrifying to even think about. My family, my Dad's side, they’re starting to move back to Los Angeles, Alaia is looking more like Mom, Sammy got into UCLA for track, colleges have started coming to track meets to watch me, and Dad is growing the mafia back up.

Everyday, I'd send him a text right before school started. but they never went through. The lacrosse team was starting practices and scrimmages, but their team captain wasn't even there. There was this hole in my heart that couldn't even be filled with track, family time, or friends. He was my rock that held me down when I really needed it, but he was gone.

No matter what I did, that void of knowing he was gone and possibly not coming back was growing bigger and bigger. "Kehlani? What do you think about this?" Mr. Amadeo asked. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at the tv screen with blueprints of an office building. "I think it's a great idea. It will centralize our business instead of working out of houses. We are growing by the day, here and in Italy. It's a great idea." The capos all nodded and agreed, "Good, would you like to sign off on the plans?" Mr. Amadeo asked, sliding the plans and a pen towards me. I hesitated, Theo should be doing this not me. I wasn't even really a part of the family yet. "Shouldn't Theo know about this? I mean he is gonna be working out of the office." I suggested. Eduardo, one of the capos, looked to the other capos and Mr. Amadeo. "She has a point." He mumbled.

I looked down at the contract, "I need a moment. Excuse me." I pushed my chair back and walked out of the conference room. Leo was standing outside the door, "Everything alright, Ladybug?" He asked. I nodded and walked silently to Mrs. Amadeo’s room. "Come in, darling. I know you need to talk." I opened the door and saw her knitting, "It's so much." I closed the door and sat down on the couch. "Tell me about it. Having to put my input in on Theo being made Don is terrible. I'm putting my son in the highest and most dangerous position ever."

I sighed and took my heels off, "Have you heard from him?" I asked. She stopped knitting and took her glasses off. "No, Massimo won't tell me anything, but I know he knows what's going on."

She walked over to where I was and sat down next to me, pulling me into a hug. "I have a feeling he'll be back soon. Motherly intuition. I'm scared too, believe me." I closed my eyes, taking deep breaths. "Go back in there, sign those plans, and get Massimo alone. Pry the truth out of him." She looked at me, "Show him the real you."

I put my heels back on and walked back into the conference room. "I'll sign it, but under one condition." Eduardo looked at me, "Which is?" I looked at Mr. Amadeo, "You tell me where the hell Theo is."

His eyes widened, "No, we'll just wait until he returns. Meeting dismissed" He started to stand up, putting papers into folders. I felt something in me click, "Like hell it is!" I shoved him back into his seat, spinning the chair towards me. "I deserve to know! He told me it was a trip up to some cabin up north, now I highly doubt that!" I was screaming, standing up with my hands slamming on the table. Mr. Amadeo and the other capos looked at me wide-eyed and in shock.

I was back. My old self was back. "I can't tell you, I told him I wouldn't." He responded, his voice quiet. I threw my hands up, starting to pace. "Oh please! Just fucking tell me already! All this damn secrecy between the men and the women in the mafia. That's how relationships get fucked up!" I took a deep breath and slowly walked towards Mr. Amadeo, "If he's not back by the first lacrosse game of the season, you lose any connection with my family, my company, and you lose Milo. I know you need him. It'd be a damn shame if you lost your biggest business partner and the one person that can connect the two biggest Italian mafia in the world."