𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊-𝕶𝖊𝖍𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖎

kehlani's pov

That Friday, I turned in my paperwork to 'study abroad'. "What are you studying for?" Headmaster Wiliams scanned my papers. "Law. I'm staying with a really nice British family in Oxford."

He printed out a piece of paper and handed me a pen. "Just sign here for the record and you're all set." Mr. Williams filed the paper and waved goodbye as I left. 

As I was at my locker cleaning it out, Hakeem covered my eyes, "Guess who." I smiled, "Well, this person smells like Dolce and Gabbana, faint weed smell, and their hands are very dry. Hello, Keem."

Cameron and Christian looked hurt, "That was not the plan, stupid. We jump scare her and then give her the gift." All three of them pulled out huge baskets, "What the hell?" The lacrosse team jumped put with confetti poppers and a banner that said, 'We love you, Kehlani!'

Theo looked at my bandaged up calf, "What happened?" He asked. Tell me this man didn't just play stupid. "I got shot." I grumbled. Hakeem pushed Theo to the side, "Me, Hi-c, and Cam are treating you to drinks. You can't say no." He muttered.

I watched Theo slip a note into one of the baskets, "Okay, what time?" We walked out to my car, "8 and wear a good outfit. We're taking pictures."

Theo watched me drive off and pulled out his phone.

dingus

dingus: read the letter

me: what's inside

dingus: a letter from my dad

When I got home I opened the letter and a picture of me and Leo fell out.

Dear Kehlani,

Rumor has it that you plan on running away. I heard that Leo is gonna help you too. Part of the contract was no contact with past bodyguards. I really don't want to go after Leo, he's looks like a really nice guy. If you run, Theo will be right behind you. Every step of the way, right behind you. Finish paying before you run, and I'll give you a year to get married to Theo. Don't finish paying, and you'll be killed or forced to marry Theo. I really liked you Kehlani, I see a little of me in you. Don't try me, Kehlani. It won't end well.

Sincerely,
Mr. Amadeo

dingus

me: yeah no

dingus: ok your life ig

I grabbed the stack of letters and threw them into the garbage shoot. One caught my eye though, a letter from Theo personally.

I packed two suitcase, a backpack, and headed to my car.

_____________

"You all packed?" Hakeem took his eighth shot of tequila. I nodded and downed my tenth, "Yeah, I leave tonight."  Cameron paid for all our drinks and we walked down to Rodeo. "Where are we taken pictures?" Maia asked. Keem lead us to an empty street lined with palm trees and handed us clout sunglasses, "We're taking 5 shots, no messing around." 

We took more than five pictures. 

"Facetime every night?" 

They all nodded and hugged me, "If you ever wanna come back home, you are more than welcome to." Maia nudged me in the shoulder. Cameron turned away from us, "You okay?"  I asked. He looked at me and threw his hands up, "Can't believe you're leaving me. What am I gonna do at lunch? Huh? What about study hall snack time?" he joked. When we reached the parking garage, I handed each of them a big bag full of their favorite snacks. "Stay safe out there, my negros."  We all hugged one last time before we split. 

leo the lion

me: leaving now see you when i land

leo the lion:  got it 

Now the hard part. 

Running away and trying not to get killed. 

im so excited for the next chapters!!! they're gonna switch back and forth from theo to kehlani and possibly leo..... anyways, thank you to all of my new readers! love you guys so much! vote, comment, and share! <3

612 words

-s.g.