𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊-𝕿𝖍𝖊𝖔

theo's pov 

When I woke up the next morning and reached for Lani, I didn't feel her. "Lani!" I scrambled out the bed, still half asleep. I heard sniffling from the bathroom, and calmed down a little. "Hey, hey, hey, what's wrong?" She knelt next to the toilet, "I don't feel good." Lani rushed to grab the counter before vomiting. She flinched when I grabbed her hair from her face, "It's me. It's just me." Lani went to slouch back on me but I could tell she wasn't done throwing up.

"You don't have to stay. You probably have some work to do." She mumbled. I handed her the towel she reached for, "You're more important. I can work later tonight." Lani stumbled up, "I'm gonna shower and then I'll be down for breakfast." I let her have the bathroom, keeping a close ear on her. She hesitated to put my hoodie on, "It's okay. You have that one, I don't plan on going to Yale." Lani left the room and went downstairs.

"Morning, Lani." My dad sat on the couch with my mom beside him. She smiled a brief smile before turning towards me. "I made chocolate chip pancakes if you want some." Lani opened the oven and found two plates. One with bacon and the other with thick fluffy pancakes. "Do you wanna eat outside?" She asked, quietly. I grabbed the syrup and fruit salad, "You lead the way."

When we got outside, it was a cool breeze and the sun was high in the sky. I watched Kehlani play with Bruce, jogging lightly as her leg was still injured. "Do you want a piece of bacon?" Lani picked Bruce up like the big baby he was and sat him in her lap. "Baby, he is too big for you." I commented while eating a piece of bacon. She blew a raspberry and fed Bruce a piece of bacon.

"What are your plans for today, princess?" I asked, trying to hear her voice more. "I wanted to go to Monaco to visit some friends and get my stuff ready for the Grand Prix. I don't know what else I want to do though." She brushed one of her stray hairs from her face. "Okay, I think we still have our yacht, if you want to go the water route." I suggested. Lani's eyes lit up at the mention of a yacht, "Yes, please." She started doing a little dance in her seat while she ate. "I'm gonna reserve a dinner for tomorrow if that's okay?" I asked. She stood up and grabbed her now empty plate. Lani placed a kiss on my forehead, "I would love that, Gino." I watched her and Bruce walk back into the house, both of them in a better mood. I walked in after a quick smoke, it helped calm my nerves.

When I walked in, my dad wasn't on the couch with my mom anymore. "Mamma, io e Lani andremo a Monaco per una settimana. Tienimi aggiornato." (Momma, me and Lani are going to Monaco for the week. Keep me updated.) She nodded and smiled, "Bene. Ha bisogno di pace e relax." (Good. She needs the peace and relaxation.)

I kissed my mom on the forehead and headed upstairs. I heard music and Lani singing. "We're going on vacation! Bruce, help me pick a dress." She continued dancing as she pulled the few dresses she had from our closet. "Can I help pick?" I asked, smiling as she danced. "Sure." I knew she was still going to be a little insecure with her bruises and cuts still. "I got you a dress if the ones you have now don't work." She plopped down on the bed and sighed, "Yeah, I might need it." I pulled a box out of our closet with a pretty black bow around it. "It's okay if you don't like it, I just thought it would look nice." Lani opened the box and her eyes widened at the sight of it.

She pulled the main part out, "Theo, how much did this cost?" She muttered. I sat down next to her, "Don't worry about it. This is just a gift for you. Think of it as an early Christmas gift." I took her hands in mine, "Lani, don't think you have to pay me back. I wanted to do this." There were tears welling in her eyes, "Gino, you didn't have to do this. I'm serious."

"I'm serious too. I care for you, I love you, and you deserve this. No more discussion. We need to pack." I stood up to grab my suitcase, but Lani pulled me in for a hug. "I love you Gino." I kissed her, "I love you more, princess."

_________

After a long 'I love you' battle and dance party, we loaded up the car. "Are you taking Bruce with you?" My dad asked, walking out from his office. "Yeah, I figured it would be good for him to see more places." He nodded, "Have fun, and be safe." He was about to walk off when my mom cleared her throat, "James is in Monaco, if you want to start with your plan now, just be careful when you're around Lani." My mom looked at me from the couch, "We love you, Gino. Eat good food!"

Lani walked inside, "Bruce is all ready, the yacht captain and crew are on their way, and we just need to get some food for the yacht." She listed more things we need, and my dad just laughed. "You're just like your mom and dad, Kehlani. One step ahead." Lani hugged my mom and dad, "Always have. I'll keep him safe and out of trouble!" She called back as she walked to the car. "She's good, Gino. Don't break her heart." I waved my dad off and walked to the car. "Love you guys!" I yelled as we drove off.

Lani pulled out her school stuff, "Did you finish the chemistry notes? I need them." She nodded, "I just have one section left. Do you have Spanish homework from the past two weeks?"

"Look in my backpack."

That's when I remembered I had something in my backpack I didn't want her to see. "Wait, it's the glovebox. I came out here to do homework while there was a very heated argument between my brother and dad." Lani's head cocked to the side, "Long story." The papers were in there. Nice save.

The rest of the drive was quiet, something I hadn't realized that I haven't had in a while. It was nice to just breathe and let my guard down for a little bit. That quietness might have to end soon. 

i'll most more today. i definitely will. pinkie promise. love you my lovelies! mwah! 

1139 words

-s.g.