𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙-𝕶𝖊𝖍𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖎

kehlani's pov 

He smirked at me, "Let's take a walk." I looked around for a black SUV, but none. "I'm okay. I'm busy." Asher's face dropped, "That wasn't a question, more like an order." A gut feeling brewed into a loud thought. His cold grey blue eyes reading every last inch of me with precision. "Don't even think about calling Theo."

He nudged the barrel of his gun into my side, "So, how have you been?" Asher started walking towards the store and I had no choice but to follow. 

"Fine, you?"

"Wonderful, now that I have you in my grasp. Your dad sends his wishes. Leave Theo and marry me." 

As we were walking to the grocery, I saw Theo's car drive by. "What happens if I don't marry you?"  I asked, praying silently for Theo to turn around. "You die, but also I could just kidnap you and force you to. I don't really care." We turned the corner and I saw Theo, "Hey princess." he mumbled. Asher's eyes widened and he moved the gun from my side. "Theo, didn't know you were in the neighborhood." Theo lightly grabbed my hand and moved me to his side, "Yeah, I don't live too far from here. What are you doing here with Kehlani?"

Asher narrowed his eyes at me, a look of 'I'll get you for this.' on his face. "I just wanted to talk to her. That's all." Theo looked down at me and I shock my head slightly, "You've talked to her long enough. I'll see you in LA." Asher scoffed and walked away.

Theo let go of my hand and looked at me, "You good?" I felt myself stop shaking and a deep exhale. "Yeah." I walked into the grocery store, "Are you sure? You were shaking really hard earlier." Theo noticed.

I put a bag of chips and the cookies I like in my basket, "What crazy person decides to show up outside of someone's apartment and then hold them at gunpoint just to tell them something. A simple threatening phone call would suffice." I felt Theo's gaze, and he could tell I wasn't okay.

"You gotta point." He walked away to another aisle. I walked to the frozen food section and grabbed a pizza. Everytime I looked up from grabbing something, Theo was right there. "You don't have to hover over me. I'll be fine." Theo ignored me and stood right next to me with his hands in his pockets. "So what do you want for Christmas?" Theo asked.

"I dunno. To get back home safely I guess."

Theo looked inside my basket, "Get some really food, not just some snacks." I hit him in the side, "Mind your own business."

"You're still a firecracker princess." he mumbled. We checked out and he walked me back to my place. "I'll have more guards out front. You call me the second something doesn't feel right, okay princess?" His eyes held something I couldn't figure out. I've never been able to read him. "Don't try and read me, Lani. If I can't read you, you can't read me." I smiled at the thought of him trying to read what I was thinking. "Call me if you need anything." He walked away, got into his car and drove off.

After I put away my groceries, I plopped down on my couch with a blanket and cup of hot cocoa. I started to doze off when I got a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Kehlani? This is Milo Calzada, I believe Massimo Amadeo told you about me. Yeah?"

This is my actual dad,"Yeah, he did."

"That's good and your Zio Romano told me that you're here in Florence, right?"

"Yes sir."

"Please, if you're comfortable, call me Milo. I just wanted to hear your voice, that's all."

He sounded so much nicer than Giovanni. "Thank you. Are Sammie and Alaia doing okay?" It's been forever since I've seen or heard their voice.

"Yes, they are. Alaia wants to meet you so bad. Whenever you get the chance, we would love to have dinner with you."

"Yes, please. Yes, I would love that"

"Alright then, we'll talk later. It was nice to hear your voice, Kehlani."

"It was nice to hear your voice too." We said our goodbyes and I quickly dozed off. 

hi guys so im definitely gonna post like two more chapters this weeks and maybe one next week but yeah. merry christmas if i don't post on christmas eve! vote, comment, and share! mwah! 

p.s. hi new readers! :)

762 words

-s.g.