𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙-𝕶𝖊𝖍𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖎

TRIGGER WARNING!

kehlani's pov

The cold basement air wrapped its arms around me, suffocating me almost. I lightly touched my neck, only for it to be red and burning. "Kehlani, sweetheart." Mrs. Amadeo laid her blanket over me and rubbed my back. "Sweetheart, are you okay?" she asked. I tried to sit up, but my legs and arms were weak. "No, I'm not." I just laid there for what seemed like an hour, holding Mrs. Amadeo's hand while she rubbed my back.

All the painful memories of my childhood flooded my thoughts. The sound of evil chuckles creeping up the stairs as I tried to hide. "Kehlani, sweetheart!" My stepdad would call out. I would hide in the deepest part of my closet, but somehow I was always found.

They would grab me by hair and drag me to the bed. I would kick and scream in every language I knew. The only thing that would work is calling my moms name.

"Kehlani, speak to me." I looked at Mrs. Amadeo through tear-filled eyes, "I want my mom." A pained cry left her lips as she held me close, "She's gone bambina. I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do?" She asked. I rested on her lap, taking deep breaths to try and calm myself. "I want some water." She laid me down softly and went to our bucket of water we shared.

She cupped her hands and let me drink from them. "What did he do to you, honey?" Her eyes trailed over my body and landed on my neck. "Ay,Dios mios." I laid there weeping and crying for a while.

Zane and Asher walked in with two trays and a bottle of water. "Eat. Both of you." Asher grumbled. He left us alone again, slamming the door behind him and Zane. "Eat baby. You need your strength." The tray contained plain noodles with butter and fake parmesan and a piece of bread. "Do I have to?" I sat up some how and looked at the food.

I was pretty tired of grilled cheese and water. We sat in a comfortable silence, engaging in the occasional conversation about me and Theo. "Does Theo still play lacrosse?"

"Yeah, he's team captain and on track to get a scholarship from multiple schools."

"Do you think what you two have is going to last?"

I stopped eating and looked at her, "Ma'am?"

"Theo is a tough one to love. His shell is hard to get through and when he shuts down, he shuts everyone out. Just like his dad."

I sat there for a while and thought about all the times Theo did shut me out.

When his mom died, when his nonno died, when he found out his mom did coke, when he tore his ACL, but he always let me back in.

"He let's me back in though. Does he normally do that?" She shook her head, "No, only for the ones he truly loves and trust."

We went back to eating and by the time we finished, we were cracking jokes. "Theo must really love you, bambina."

We stared at little window we had and at stars. "Why do you say that. Mrs. A?" She turned her head towards me and smiled, "The way you talk about him and how he treats you."

Asher barged in, "Kehlani, let's go." I looked Mrs. A but she just shrugged. "Now!" I stood up quickly and looked back at Mrs. Amadeo, for what would be the last time.

Asher closed the door behind us and led me to my old room. "You'll be staying here until I deal with you." He closes the door and locked it behind himself. I just stood there in the middle of the room, looking around.

The paint was the same, the decorations on the ceiling, the picture of me, my mom, and siblings in the same place. Nothing had changed.

I laid on the bed and started to close my eyes when I heard a scream. The most blood curdling scream I've heard. Then a bang.

I hid under the covers, unable to really breathe. My heart started racing and I took shorter breaths.

An anxiety attack. Great.

My palms got sweaty and I started cry. I was alone, in a house with no way out, no one I could trust, and I didn't have any of my meds.

I eventually fell asleep, clutching one of my old stuffed animals tight.

The one person I needed was far away from me, in a whole other region. The one person who was close to that person, possibly dead.

I just want to hold Theo again.

heavy things guys ik but it must be done to keep the plot going. I'll show you what I envisioned Mrs. Amadeo to look like. thank you to everyone for 3.3k reads! vote, comment, and share! mwah my lovelies!

821 words
-s.g.