𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖔𝖓𝖊-𝕶𝖊𝖍𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖎

kehlani's pov

I woke up to the sun shining in through my window. When I grabbed my phone, I saw a missed call from Maia, "I don't care of you are asleep, you need to answer my calls."

"Yes ma'am I will." I got up and made a cup of espresso, "How have you been though? The whole senior class is worried about you and Theo." I laughed at the thought of Francesca worrying about me being dead. "I'm fine, I mean it's nice getting caught up on work and being on a vacation. How is everyone there?"

"Good. Keem and Christian miss you and Cam, Miles is still my man, and Colette is back." I almost choked on my espresso, "What!" Maia sighed, "Yeah, her parents are really big donors for the school so Headmaster Williams couldn't expel her." I put my cup down and walked out on the balcony. Theo's car was sitting in front of the entrance. "Maia, I'm gonna call you later."

"Okay, be safe Lani." I made Theo his straight black coffee and grabbed a lobster tail pastry. I tapped on the window, hoping Theo wasn't a heavy sleeper. He unlocked the door and I got in. "Good morning Theodore." He groaned and flipped away from me. "I brought you coffee and a lobster tail pastry." He looked at me, "Straight black?"

"Mhmm."

He sat up and took the coffee, "Why are you outside my apartment building?" Theo raised his seat up and turned on the car for heat, "Our backyard was bombed and your apartment is the safest place for me." I nodded, "Okay, well I'll see you later."

He nodded and waved me away, eating his lobster tail.

I walked back into my apartment and just laid on the couch watching the news. I got bored quickly and decided to go to the Central Market and Boboli Gardens. I took a shower and put on a floral dress with sandals. I grabbed a light sweater and a small handbag.

I hailed a taxi, "Al Mercato Centrale, per favore." The driver nodded and drove off. The scenery of Florence will never get old. The old ladies sitting on the steps of buildings, the Tuscany hills, the bright colors; it was so peaceful. "Grazie." I handed the driver the fare and a generous tip. "Posso restare, signora."(I can stay, madame.) The driver yelled from the window, I may have given too nice of a tip. "I nodded anyways and walked into the market.

I walked around until a little shop with homemade pasta caught my eye. I bought some for dinner later tonight. I bought some chicken, tomatoes, fresh basil, and some other stuff. It was Saturday and I felt like grabbing a bottle of wine. I bought a thing of cannolis and walked out to the taxi. The driver rushed to help me, putting the things that needed to be kept cool in a little cooler. "Grazie."

"Dove andare dopo?" (Where to next?). It wasn't a long drive to Boboli Gardens, I dozed off a couple of times but the turn that my mom took so many times woke me up.

I walked around until the sun started to set. I walked back to the taxi, "Puoi prendere la strada panoramica?" (Can you take the scenic route?) The driver nodded and started driving back to my apartment. It was nice to go back to the same place where me, my mom, and my siblings carved into a tree our initials. The taxi driver drove past fountains and sculptures, telling me the history behind them, like I didn't already know them all. He helped me with my groceries, "Grazie molte, Signore." (Thank you so much, sir.) I handed him a big wad of cash and walked inside. Was I prepared for who sat in my apartment that night? I don't remember. 

ok so i lied. one more chapter after this then the big chapter. see ya guys soon! mwah!

664 words

-s.g.