𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊-𝕶𝖊𝖍𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖎

flashback

My mom, dad, Sammie, Alaia, and I  sat outside on the big patio. Our Italian house was our happy place. "Does anyone need more sunscreen?" I jumped out the pool and ran next to my mom. "Come on my little mermaid."

I sat down and ate some cookies while my mom went to go get the sunscreen. She walked in front of the front door, the stained glass window projected blues and greens onto the floor. "Lani, do you wanna go to the firework show tonight?"

I spun around in my chair and saw my mom on the floor, a pool of blood spilling out. "Dad!" My mom looked at me, tears running down her face. "Lani, listen to me. Take care of your little sister. Be careful, this life is dangerous. I love you so much." Sammie pulled me away from my mom, kicking and screaming. I felt something wet on my shoulder. I picked up Alaia, "Is mommy okay?" I looked at Sammie and he mouthed, "I'll help explain. Just go for it."

My dad and the bodyguards rushed to secure the house. My dad ran after the shooter, "Coward!" he screamed after him.

My dad was the real coward for not checking on my mom, his wife when I screamed his name. My mom looked at me one last time, "Amadeo’s" she mumbled.

Theo? That asshole? No, he couldn't kill my mom. His mom was my mom's best friend. No way. Alaia pulled on my arm, trying to look at mom. "Alaia, listen to me. Mommy got hurt by a very bad guy. She's gone to Pō with gran-gran." Alaia squeezed me, "Are we gonna go live with Nana and poppop?" She started sniffling. Sammie sat next to me, "For the rest of the summer. Momma wanted to be buried in her homeland."

We hugged and hugged each other until night time. Little did I know, my mom's funeral would be the last time I see my siblings.

just a little background to Kehlani’s long-lasting hate for Theo. I'll probably post later tonight, but idk yet. vote, comment, and share!

-s.g.