𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

The next morning, Kehlani woke up late in the afternoon. She stumbled to the bathroom, still half asleep.

*ding ding*

Kehlani walked over to her phone and their was a text from Theo. She turned her phone over and hopped in the shower.

*ding ding*

*ding ding*

*ding ding*

*ding ding*

Kehlani dried off and picked her phone up.

Theo Amadeo

Theo: ik you see this
Theo: hey!!!!

Theo: loser, i have a question
Theo: don't make me tell your dad
Theo: he's already on the edge bcuz
of the deal

Kehlani: srsly? what's ur question?

Theo: ask ur dad what time
we're finishing the deal

Kehlani: weren't you there
yesterday?

he said before the party

Theo: but where?

Kehlani: my house

Theo: so i get to see you
in your dress????

Kehlani: in ur dreams
pretty boy

Kehlani put her phone on silent, got dressed, and walked downstairs. Leo was already down there, dressed and cooking lunch. "Hello, sleeping beauty." he said. Kehlani laughed, "Hi Leo." He was cooking ricotta cheese filled ravioli with tomato sauce, "You excited?" he asked, plating her food. Kehlani grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, "Yeah, I guess so." Leo wiped his hands, "But..." he trailed off.

Kehlani sat down and took a breath, "After today, it's gonna be so different." she mumbled. Leo looked at her, "Don't worry about it. Just relax and enjoy this day." He walked over to the wine cabinet and pulled out a bottle of champagne, he popped it, "You're motherfucking eighteen!" he yelled.

She laughed and grabbed two champagne glasses, "You know, this is gonna be the best day ever!" Kehlani exclaimed. They sat down on the couch and watched Vampire Diaries, "Do you think Elena will ever grow some balls or get a brain?" Leo asked, his mouth stuffed with ravioli. Kehlani laughed, "Eventually, she does, it's just she's been through so much." Kehlani put a piece of ravioli in her mouth, "Then again, she is bitchy, so I dunno." she added.

After they finished eating, Kehlani loaded all her stuff into the SUV. "You got everything?" Leo asked. Kehlani carried her dress and makeup box, "No, I still need to go get my shoes, tiara, Theo's boutonniere, my hair stuff, and there's a box of wine in the garage that we need." Leo started getting all things she listed. He put her stuff in the trunk, "Anything else?" Leo asked. Kehlani went through her checklist, "Nope, we got everything." she replied.

They got in the car and drove to the venue. When they got their, Mr. Calzada was outside directing the decorators. "Move the lights to the left, now down, now to the right." He looked at Kehlani, "Perfect." he said. Kehlani smiled as she looked around at the venue. The lights, the vines, the candles, everything was the way she imagined it.

Just ten times better.

"Go get dressed, your guest will be here soon." Mr. Calzada said. Kehlani grabbed her dress, makeup box, shoes, and tiara from Leo. "How is she doing?" her dad asked. Leo handed the box of wine to one of the workers, "She's doing good, sir. A little tense, but other than that, I think she's gonna be okay." Leo responded. Mr. Calzada turned towards him and fixed Leo collar, "Good, here's your final payment. It's the same monthly payment just tripled." He reached into his suit coat and pulled out a thick envelope.

Inside was 297,765 dollars in cold hard cash. Leo looked at him, "I-I don't know what to say, sir. Thank you so much." he said. Mr. Calzada nodded and walked away.

Kehlani zipped up her dress, finished her makeup, and put on her heels. She walked out of her dressing room and bumped into Leo. "Oh hi." he uttered. Leo looked at Kehlani, completely out of words. "You look-" Theo walked up behind him, "Stunning." he finished. Leo turned around and looked at Theo, "Take care of her, please." he mouthed. Leo hugged Kehlani, "You look more than stunning, like a goddess." he whispered. Leo walked downstairs to go help around. Theo walked up to Kehlani and grabbed her tiara from her. "May I?" he asked.

Kehlani nodded and lowered her head. Theo smoothed down her hair and lifted her chin, "You look gorgeous." he whispered. Kehlani clipped on his boutonniere, "Thank you." She looked down to the main floor, there were already a lot of people. "Why are you being so polite right now? It's freaking me out." she mumbled. Theo ran his fingers through his lightly gelled hair, "I kinda have to, princess. What, you don't like the gentleman version of me?" he responded, slightly offended.

She looked back at him, "No,no, no, I actually love it. It's just I'm so used to us calling each other 'shitface' or 'jackass'." Kehlani said. Theo laughed, "Well, enjoy this. It's a limited time thing." he mumbled.

Mr. Calzada did a toast to Kehlani and her youth and that was Kehlani's signal to walk down. She took Theo's elbow and walked next to him. All eyes were on them. There were murmurs around the room, "Don't worry about them, they're just jealous of us." Theo whispered in Kehlani's ear. He spun her around and kissed her hand, "A Kehlani!" (To Kehlani!) he exclaimed, raising a champagne glass. Everyone followed, "A Kehlani!"

Theo started up the music and led Kehlani towards his lacrosse team. Christian and Hakeem stepped out in front of the team, "Happy birthday!" They exclaimed. Kehlani hugged them both, "Thank you." she said. Cameron, Kehlani's best friend, came up behind her. "Guess who?" he asked. Kehlani smiled, "Hmm, this person smells like Dior cologne, possibly wearing the latest jordans, and has a twin." Kehlani turned around and hugged Cameron, "Hi Cam." she said into his shoulder. He picked her up and spun her around, "You look absolutely gorgeous, Lani." he commented. Theo cleared his throat, "You just gonna hug and her not me?" he asked. Cameron set Kehlani and dapped Theo up. 

Kehlani stood awkwardly next to Theo as his team talked about regionals and state, "Oh my God, is that Kehlani?!" exclaimed an annoyingly high pitched voice. Everyone and Kehlani looked towards the voice. It was Francesca dragging Zane behind her. He looked exhausted. Kehlani looked at Theo and he shrugged, "Hi, Francesca. Are you enjoying my party?" Kehlani asked. 

Francesca smiled, "I am and this wine is just amazing. Where did you get it from? Costco?" she asked. Kehlani grabbed a bottle from the wine table, "No, it says here on the bottle, 'Made in Florence with the finest grapes.' Then again, you've been too busy, dragging Zane around like he's your little pet, to actually read the labels on stuff. Afraid he might slip away?" Kehlani teased. The lacrosse team snickered behind her, "No, it's just-" Francesca stumbled. "No, it's okay. Admit it. He's gonna slip away eventually and on to another girl." Kehlani mumbled, loud enough for Zane and Francesca to hear. 

Theo heard her too, "Okay! How about we go dance? What do you think guys?" he interrupted. His team looked at him confused and Theo motioned towards Kehlani and Francesca. Levi put his hand on Kehlani's shoulder, "Déjala ser por ahora, lucha contra ella más tarde. Cuando no hay nadie cerca. (Let her be for now, fight her later.When no one is around.)" he advised. Kehlani nodded and plastered a fake smile on, "You enjoy my party, Francesca!" she said, pulling Theo onto the dance floor. 

__________

After a good hour of dancing, talking, and drinking, there was a loud pop from upstairs. The lacrosse had gone outside to the soccer goals. Theo let go of Kehlani's hips and ran upstairs. 

*pop pop pop* 

1280 words

-s.g.