𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖓𝖊-𝕶𝖊𝖍𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖎

kehlani's pov

"Kehlani, sweetheart, can you go with Leo to go find a dress? I'm having guest over tonight and I want you to meet them. You should know his sons, Theo and Dante." My dad said. Did I really want to sit in a confined room with two people I deeply hated? I stood up from the bar stool I was sitting on, "Do I have to? You know me and Theo don't get along." I protested, walking to the fridge to grab a water bottle. My dad looked at me, "Yes, you have to be there. Besides, I need you to sign on a deal for me." My dad walked away and to his office, acting like he was didn't just make me do his dirty work.

Leo walked into the living room, carrying his gun and holster, "You ready?" he asked. I grabbed my purse and keys, "Yeah, let's go."

_________

Leo pulled the car around and opened the door for me, such a gentleman. I got in the car and watched my dad stand outside the house with his arms folded, "What kind of dress should I get?" I asked, looking on instagram for inspiration. Leo got in the car and started driving, "I don't know. Just get a few." he replied.

I saw one I liked on instagram and showed Leo, "What about this one?" I asked. It was a sleek, satin black form-fitting dress. Leo looked at me out the corner of his eye and shook his head.

I looked at him, "Oh, fuck you." I mumbled. Leo pulled up to a boutique, "Just start here, Ladybug." he suggested.

__________

I started browsing through a rack with short dresses and pulled a short red dress, "How about this one?" I asked, spinning the dress around. Leo browsed through a rack with hoodies and sweatshirts, "That looks nice." he replied. I kept glancing at the same black dress that I wanted earlier, it was calling my name. "I'm just gonna get this one. It'll be good for the economy." I joked. Leo looked at me and laughed, "Okay, Marge. Just make sure you have a good excuse as to why you bought it. You know how he is." he said. I smiled and grabbed the black dress. We looked around a little bit more, getting some accessories.

"I'll pay for everything." I mumbled. Leo looked up from his phone, "You sure?" he asked. I nodded, I felt nice today, "Yeah, my treat."

We took our bags, after paying, and drove back home. I grabbed my bags from the trunk and bolted up the stairs, thinking I could avoid my dad. "What did you find, Kehlani?" he asked. I paused and looked at Leo, fuck. I held the black dress behind my back and sighed. "I just got a short red dress, a small clutch, and some jeans." I replied. My dad smiled at me, "That's lovely Lani, but I was hoping you would buy something a little more intimidating." He turned towards Leo, "Is there something wrong, sir?" Leo asked.

I knew he would want a dress like the black one.

I held the dress out for my dad to see, smirking as Leo's mouth dropped open, "Now this is what I'm talking about. Go change into this one, They'll be here in about an hour." I grinned and stuck my tongue out at Leo.

Point Kehlani.

576 words 

-s.g.