𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

After they started driving Kehlani got a phone call, "Hey can you swing by the shop? Some guys in black suits wanna talk to you. They said to come alone." Kehlani took a deep breath, "I'm on my way." 

Kehlani texted one of her other bodyguards to come pick her up in 30 minutes. "Can you drop me off at the car shop?" she asked. Leo nodded and five minutes later, they were at the car shop. "Call me if you need me." Leo said and drove off. Theo, Dante, and Zane were sitting outside. "What can I help you with today, gentlemen?" Kehlani asked as she walked up to them. Theo looked at his watch, "Tell your people to stand down." he uttered. Kehlani nodded at her workers and they went away. 

"We just need to let you know a few things." said Dante. Kehlani looked at him, "Like what?" she asked. Theo handed her an envelope, "The deal that your dad worked with my dad last night. We'll be by your house later tonight, but this is just the basics." he said. Kehlani opened the envelope and inside was a sheet with bullet points. 

Le basi dell'accordo matrimoniale (the basics of the marriage deal)

1. Party a is the main party, party b is the person receiving, and party c is the goods.

2. Party c will live with party b. 

3. Party b will have full responsibility over party c, and party c will have no contact with party a. 

4. Party a will pay 6.3 million, party c will pay 2.1 million, and party b will be receiving 8.4 million. 

5. There will be a two month period of final negotiations, but after that, deal is set. 

6. Deal will go into effect on January 21st.

7. If party a can not pay their part, party c will pay all of it. 

8. Party b will receive 20% of party a's business profit. 

Kehlani looked back at Theo, "I'm not doing this." she grumbled, balling up the paper. Theo smirked, "Thought you might say that." he said. He nodded towards Zane and he approached her. She kicked him in his crotch and right hooked Theo in the nose. "I'll see you later boys!" she yelled. Her bodyguard pulled up and she got in. "That looked like fun." he commented. Kehlani smiled, "It was." 

______

As Kehlani got out of the car, Leo met her outside, "Lani, your dad wants to talk to you." he said. She nodded and followed Leo into the living room. Mr. Calzada was sitting in his big chair, "I heard you had a run in with the Amadeo boys and their bodyguard." he said. Kehlani sat down across from him, "Yeah, I did." she admitted. Her dad glanced at her, "Care to to explain what happened?" he suggested. Kehlani looked at him, "Don't worry about it. They just gave me a paper explaining the deal that went down last night. I handled it." she lied. 

Mr. Calzada stood up and walked towards Kehlani, "Oh, I'm gonna worry about this. Your birthday party is tomorrow, the Amadeos will be there, and Leo won't be your escort like you wanted, Theo will." he said. Mr. Calzada got down to her eye level, "Capisci?" he asked. Kehlani nodded, "I'm going for a walk." She blurted.

Kehlani grabbed a hoodie from the coat rack, her keys, and put her airpods in. She started at a slow pace then to a jog. "Hi, Lani!" One of her neighbors yelled. She smiled and waved back, "Those hydrangeas are looking great, Ms. Opal!"

Kehlani stopped at the end of her street and texted her friend, Maia.

mai mai

kehlani: do you wanna
go out tn?

mai mai: duh
what time and where

kehlani: i can come get
u now and that street
taco place we always
go to

mai mai: sounds
good to me we drinking?

kehlani: what do you think?

mai mai: i'll bring my fake id

Kehlani ran home and went to change clothes. She got into her mustang and drove towards Maia's house. She drove down brightly lit streets and bright lawns. Her scenery changed as she reached Maia's neighborhood, dimly lit streets, broken down cars,and abandoned houses. Kehlani parked outside Maia's house and knocked on her door. Maia opened the door, "I'll be back before nine ma!" she yelled as she closed the door. Kehlani smiled and hugged Maia, "It's been too long." she said. They walked to Kehlani's car and started driving. 

After a karaoke session completely off key, they arrived at their signature taco shop. Kehlani ordered 4 shrimp tacos and Maia ordered 4 chicken tacos. They both ordered frozen blue raspberry margaritas, "So, how have you been?" Kehlani asked. Maia took a sip of her margarita, "Pretty good, I got a more stable job downtown on Rodeo. I'm buying a place down there too." she responded. Their food arrived at their table, "How have you been, Lani?" Maia asked. Kehlani ate one of the chicken tacos, "Pretty good and shitty at the same time." she replied. Maia looked up from her tacos, "What's going on?" she asked. 

Kehlani had let Maia in on everything mafia, from the constant killings, the abrupt trips out of the country, and the men. The men were their favorite part to talk about, especially the Spanish men. 

"There's a deal going on between my dad and Mr. Amadeo. It's a marriage deal." Kehlani took a deep breath, "Between me and Theo." she added. Maia almost choked on her drink, "Wait, what?!" she exclaimed. Kehlani sighed, "I know and the worst part is I can't see Leo or any of my bodyguards once the deal is final. " she replied. Maia finished her food and drink, "Girl, if you don't take his ass to court. Did you at least get to read the real contract?" she asked. Kehlani called the waitress over and shook her head no, "I just got the basics of the deal today, but there's definitely something behind it." 

They paid the check and drove to Maia's house, "Any good news?" Maia asked. Kehlani nodded, "I won the qualifiers race." she said. Maia smiled, "Is there anything you can't do girly?." she commented. "Keep a man." Kehlani dropped Maia off and hopped on the freeway. She rolled down her windows and blasted her music as she drove home. 

When she pulled into the driveway, the Amadeo's cars were parked outside. Kehlani sneaked inside through her window and went upstairs to her room to change. She put on a short glittery light blue dress and silver heels. "Where the hell have you been?!" her dad asked, barging in. Kehlani ignored him and clasped her necklace on, "It doesn't take someone 3 hours to go on a walk." he grumbled. She sprayed some perfume and grabbed her phone. Mr. Calzada grabbed her wrist, "Just because you're my daughter doesn't mean I'll treat you like mine." he mumbled. 

Theo walked upstairs to find Mr. Calzada. He saw him talking to Kehlani, "I can take her from here, sir." interrupted Theo. Mr. Calzada let go of Kehlani's wrist, "We were just coming downstairs." he said, startled. 

Kehlani walked over to where Theo was standing. "You ready princess?" he asked, sticking his elbow out. Kehlani looked back at her dad, "Yeah." she replied. 

"Nice scar." she muttered as they walked to the stairs. Theo laughed as he ran his finger over his nasal bridge, "I actually like it." he said. 

im probably gonna do longer chapters but idk yet. anyways, vote and comment!

1261 words

-s.g.