𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖍𝖊𝖔

theo's pov

I parked down the street and walked to Kehlani's apartment. "Ciao, Theo! Sali all'appartamento tre c." (Hi, Theo! Come up to apartment 3c.) Lani waved to me from a balcony. I did as she said and when I opened the door, Lani was in a yellow sundress with nude heels. "Hi." I felt a toothy grin grow on my face. "What's in your hand?" she asked, letting me walk into the old lady's apartment. The lady was a friend of my nonna's, I could tell by the way her eyes lit up when she saw me. "Bambino!" She grabbed my face and kissed my cheeks. " Vuoi qualcosa da mangiare? Ho preparato carbonara di pollo e focaccia." (Do you want something to eat? I made chicken carbonara and focaccia.) She led me by my hand to the balcony and Lani grabbed another bottle of wine and a glass. 

Lani sat next to me, her alluring scent putting me at peace. Signorina Bamrilla placed a plate full of  pasta, a generous amount of chicken, and a piece of bread. "You never answered my question." I remembered the ring in my suit pocket. "It's a ring with a tracker." I opened the box and her eyes widened at the size of the opalite crystal. "How'd you know opalite was my favorite crystal?"  I took the ring out of the box and put it on her middle finger. "You have an opalite macreme thing in your car and an opalite necklace. I just put the pieces together." She smiled and hugged me, "This is really sweet. Thank you." 

We talked for the longest about random stuff, it felt good to just talk. "Beh, dovrei andare. Grazie  ancora,Signora." (Well, I should get going. Thank you again, Ma'am.) As Lani stood up, she almost fell over. "Too much wine, princess." I mumbled. I carried her to her apartment, "Unlcok the door, Lani." She pulled her keys and opened the door, "I'll see you tomorrow, Princess." I started to walk away, but I heard a noise. Lani was decorating her front door with Christmas decorations. 

She's a dumb drunk, but also a goofy one. 

___________

"Theo, we got a heat signature in the backyard." Cruz walked into my room half asleep with his computer at 2am. I got out of the bed and looked at his screen, three tall people in our backyard. "Tell everyone to pack a bag and get to their safe houses. Now." Cruz nodded and I packed up every weapon in my closet. "Everyone, we have trained for this. I will send a text when we get the all clear. Be safe everyone."  My people dispersed to their cars and pulled out the driveway. I stood on the porch with Leo, Cruz, and Cam. "You guys can leave. I'll be okay." Cam shook his head, "Nope."  We heard a rustling noise coming from the backyard and we drew our guns. All our cars were turned on, ready to get out when we saw fit. I heard a faint beeping noise, "Bomb." I said lowly to myself, "Bomb!" We ran to our cars and sped off. Two seconds later, explosion. 

We met at a small tree, "We'll meet tomorrow and go back to the villa for damage inspection. Get some rest." We went our separate ways, I started to drive to Lani's place but I needed to check on my main warehouse. When I got there, there was smoke coming out of the windows. "Shit." I ran inside and saw crates upon crates up in flames. What was in those crates?  40 kilograms of cocaine. "Papà, we have a problem." I told the cops what happened and they promised to look into it. I love having the police on my side. After I told the police what happened, I drove to Lani's place. I parked my car out front and laid my seat back as far as it would go. I pulled a blanket over me and closed my eyes. 

this is kinda just a filler chapter to lead up to the big scene. one more chapter til then. love you all! mwah! 

692 words

-s.g.