𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙-𝕷𝖊𝖔

leo's pov

"Mum, I'll be back! I'm going to pick up Kehlani from the airport!"

"Go to the store and get some milk!"

I grabbed my jacket and headed to the airport. "Hey Kehlani. Where are you so I can pick you up?"

"Come to the sign that says 'exclusive flights' and park in front of the building." I did as she instructed and saw her walk out. Kehlani ran into my arms, completely forgetting her suitcase. "I missed you!" I spun her around and hugged her, "I missed you more ladybug. You hungry?" She grabbed her suitcase, "Yes, and I'm excited to meet your mom."

We drove around where I grew up because ladybug wanted to. When I showed her the park where I broke my ribs, my mum called me.

"Leo, don't forget the milk and pick up some Chinese food. Does Kehlani like Chinese food? Oh, I never asked if she likes crisps."

"Mum, mum it's okay. She loves any kind of food, we're picking the milk up now, and I'll get a few crisps for her to try. Don't worry about her, she's gonna settle in just fine."

Kehlani got back into the car, "Is that your mom?" She asked. I handed her the phone, "Hi Ms. Atlantic. I'm very excited to meet you."

"Hi Kehlani, do you like Chinese food?"

Kehlani's eyes widened, "I love Chinese food. Do you like baking and wine?"

I looked at Kehlani and she was smiling like she was talking to an old friend. "Talk to you when we get there. Yes ma'am, I will. Talk soon, bye bye." Ladybug handed me the phone, "She said to get cake mix, red wine, Chinese food, milk, crisps, and whatever candy we want." I started the car and headed to the supermarket, "You really hit it off with her."

Kehlani looked out the window, "Yeah, she's really easy to talk to. She reminds me a lot of my mom." she mumbled.

___________

"Wait, so you guys don't have froot loops, fruity peebles, or oops all berries cereals?" Kehlani looked at the cereal aisle. I grabbed what we needed and called the Chinese restaurant, "Do you want anything in particular?" I asked. Kehlani shook her head and headed to the chocolate aisle, she carried two reese's pieces bags, gummy bears, and snickers back to the cart with a sinister smile. She dragged me and the cart to the crisps aisle, "Leo, look." I finished ordering the food, "You really are missing out on crisps, ladybug." I grabbed a bag but she grabbed like 5, "I'm trying every one of these flavors and sending boxes of these to Italy and LA."

When we were checking out, the clerk kept staring at Ladybug. I wrapped my arm around her and whispered in her ear, "Doodoo head, cacao beans, and papers." She elbowed me and started laughing. "29.39 quid." Kehlani pulled out her wallet as I pulled out mine, "I got it." she started to pay.

I pushed her over, "No, I got it."

"No, I do."

I paid before she could and grabbed everything, "You will not pay for anything here." Kehlani looked at me, "What if I want buy something designer?" I put the stuff in the car and opened the door for her, "I'm a gentleman, so I would pay for whatever you want. If Theo doesn't, then leave him."

We drove to restaurant and picked up the food. Kehlani fell asleep from the warmth of the food and the soft music from the radio. My mum greeted us outside and helped with the groceries, "You were right, she's gorgeous."

I grabbed Kehlani's luggage and she woke up, "I love your house." She mumbled. I showed her the room she was going to sleep in and headed downstairs for dinner.

My mum had set the table with the good plates and good cups, "Leo, go bring the corgis in." Kehlani stopped washing her hands and smirked, "Corgis? You have Corgis?" Mum nodded and opened the backdoor. Kehlani ran out and the corgis ran to her, "Ladybug, meet William, Charlie, and Tallulah. They're siblings." She started giggling and squealing, "They're so fluffy!" She picked Tallulah up and carried her inside. William and Charlie were carried in too.

As we were finishing eating and talking, the corgis went to their beds and started whining. Ladybug got up and pulled their blankets over them, "You three can come sleep with me after we get done making a cake. I'll give you lots of belly rubs and kisses too." They laid down and Kehlani started cleaning the table, "Let's bake." 

_______

"This cake is delicious, Lani. You're mom really taught you her tricks."  Kehlani looked up from her plate, "You knew my mom?"  My mum nodded, "Of course, we were best friends since middle school. When I heard that she married your dad, we talked for hours about how it was the biggest mistake she had made. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to tell her about my biggest mistake."  Ladybug grabbed Tallulah and held her in her lap, "Thank you for letting me stay here, Ms. Atlantic." 

"Please, call me Erin. I have something to give you from your mum."It's about your biological father." 

My mum turned in for the night and I helped Ladybug with the dogs, "If they get too much, you can lay them on the floor. They snore a lot, but they snore like Giovanni."  She laughed and got under the covers, "Thank you again, Leo. I really appreciate it." I turned off the lights, the stars on the ceiling lit up, "No problem whatsoever. We'll go to London tomorrow, you have to see Big Ben in person." 

Ladybug smiled and held Charlie as she closed her eyes. 

I made sure the locks and windows were secure, turned off the lights downstairs, and went to bed. Still something doesn't feel right, it's too calm right now. 

993 words 

-s.g.