Ń Í Ń É T É É Ń

edited

Kian and I arrived at McDonald's within twenty minutes and parked in the parking lot.

"You know, no one ever goes into the girls bathroom." He hints, causing me to laugh.

"Oh really? Huh, good for them." I smiled. He did too. I knew what he was talking about but I wasn't going to let him get what he wanted. Might as well tease him, or torture him.

We walked into McDonalds, hand in hand, and ordered.

"Hi, I'm Jess. What can I get for you today?" The cashier asked. I saw Kian's eyes shift to her open cleavage and I smacked his chest, glaring at him. He cleared his throat and looked at the menu, trying to distract himself from Jess' popping chest.

"Uhm, I'll just get 2 sausage burritos with a large sweet tea." Kian said and looked at me as Jess plugged that into the register.

I scanned the menu. "And I'll have an egg bacon and cheese McGriddle and a large sweet tea also." I said, reaching into my purse to grab a $10 bill.

"The total is $6.57." Jess said.

"Uhm, no. You are NOT paying." Kian said and handed the girl a $10 dollar bill. Jess gave him his change back and we moved over so the people behind us could order.

I pouted. "Why won't you let me pay?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Because I'm the gentleman so therefore, I pay. Get used to it, babe." He said, wrapping his arm around my waist.

I could hear whispers as I leant into him and smiled.

"Is that Haylie Summers from YouTube? Oh my god." The whispering turned into casual talking when a girl came up to me and asked me for a picture. I nodded, still smiling. She handed her phone to her mom and she took the picture. "Thank you so much. You and the other girls' voices are perfect together." She literally had tears in her eyes so I brought her in for a hug.

"Oh thanks, babe. What's your name?" I asked, pulling away from the hug.

"Alexis." She said, wiping her eye.

I pulled my phone out and handed it to her after unlocking it. "Give me your phone so I can put my number in it." I said. She did as told and also, put her number in my phone.

"I'll talk to you later, Haylie." She was a nice girl so I had to give her my number.

"Okay. Bye Alexis." She walked away with her mom at the same time our order number was called. Kian grabbed our food and we went to sit down at a table.

I grabbed my sandwich and he did too. Just as I started chewing my first bite, the ground started to shake under us. I looked at Kian and he gave me a confused look. The shaking became more violent and I realized that it was an earthquake.

"Everyone get under the tables!" I heard someone say. Everyone did as they were told. The tables were shaking and falling down. The windows on the other side of where we were sitting had busted and flew everywhere. Kian pretty much laid on top of me to keep me safe. I was terrified. Just then the windows beside us shattered into millions of pieces and flew around the restaurant, causing me to scream in terror. I could feel the ground start to shake harder and harder each second.

The wind started to pick up and I looked out the window. A tornado was approaching us. It was about 70 feet away from the building.

"Kian! I'm scared!" I cried out at him. He looked at me.

"I know baby! Everything will be ok-" he was cut off by someone yelling at us that we had to go into the basement because of the tornado. Kian grabbed my hand and drug me all the way to the front of the line of rushing and scared people.

Dear God, please let all of be safe and end up okay and fine. Please keep us safe. Amen.

We all finally got into the basement and were scattered around the concrete floor with our families and friends. I was cuddled into Kian's chest, crying softly, soaking his shirt. I could hear everything being thrown around and knocked over upstairs. I was actually thinking I wasn't going to make it.

"We'll be okay, Haylie. I promise." Kian's voice said as he kissed my forehead. For once, I actually believed him.

-3 hours later-

The wind and everything eventually stopped. The clashing, the screeching... the screams of terror. It all finally stopped.

Kian and I walked upstairs and into the lobby. The place wasn't even a lobby anymore. Chairs were thrown everywhere and in the back where the food is prepared, glass was everywhere,, the order menus behind the counter were outside of the building, concrete pieces were lying down, broken. Tables were split in two and food was scattered and cluttered around the room.

"Oh my god." I hear the people behind us say. The tears were starting to come back when I realized that I left the girls at home by themselves. I reached for my phone and went to Kelcee's contact number. The anxiety that I was feeling right now was unbearable. I hated it. It rang.

And rang.

And rang.

And rang until she finally answered.

"Hello?" She sounded like she was okay.

"Kelcee! Oh my god. Are you guys okay?" I said, running my hand through my hair and pacing around the room and looking at Kian. He's talking on the phone.

"Uhm, me and Jade are but I'm not sure about Kaitlyn."

My heart dropped. "What do you mean, Kels?" I said panicking. My breathing started to accelerate. Kian walked over to me and asked me if I was alright but I ignored him.

"Sh-She's not waking up and she looks like her leg is broken. Her head is bleeding. Haylie, you need to come home, right now." She said.

"I'll be there soon." I said and hung up before she could say anything else. I looked at Kian. "We have to get to my house right now. My cousin is unconscious."

--||--||--||--|||---|||---|||---||||----||--|

OMG. Sorry for not updating! I've been busy... I'm gonna try and update a lot before July 18th because I'll be in Cleveland for Digifest.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT BECAUSE IT HELPS ME UPDATE FASTER!

Follow me on Twitter for info about Change and when I update! @MrsLawley1254

-Makayla ✌️