The Valuables

"I need you guys' help," Harry declared. 

Sera noticed that her brother's hair looked damp, as though he'd just gotten out of the shower. 

"I just found out what the Second Task is! Meet me up in the library!" 

And with that, Harry took off. Ron stared after his friend, confused. 

"Since when has Harry been obsessed with going to the library?"

Sera shrugged in return. "Who knows. Maybe he needs to find something really important."

Nonetheless, they met up with her brother in the library. He was in the herbology section, his head resting against the middle of the book he must have gotten tired of reading. Sera frowned and noticed that he clutched at the golden egg he was supposed to be figuring out. 

"Care to tell us what's going on? Harry, you almost never go into the library unless it's important. This must be important, so maybe, you can explain to us what you're doing with your head lying on a book?" 

"Well, if you're really interested in knowing, I just figured out the clue for the Second Task."

Sera stared at her brother expectantly. "And?" 

He told them to poem. Sera snorted. 

"The Black Lake. That one is a bit obvious."

"An hour long you'll have to look?"

"Again, a bit obvious. Although, it's potentially problematic."

Harry raised his head to look up at his sister in amazement. "Potentially problematic? Since when was the last time you swam while holding your breath underwater for an hour, Seraphina?"

Sera sighed and shoved the egg into Ron's arms, preventing him from falling asleep. She approached her brother, kneeling down in front of him. She took her brother's hand in hers, giving him a determined look. 

"Listen, Harry. We — We can do this. The five of us can figure it out." 

"Pardon me. I hate to break up this cozy little gathering," said the voice of Professor Moody. Sera stood up to show her respect towards Professor Moody. "But Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office." Harry, Ron, and Dante began to rise to his feet but Professor Moody told him off. "Not you, Mr. Potter, Mr. Knightley. Only Miss Potter and Miss Granger."

Sera gave him a weird look. "But, sir! The second task is only hours away, and —" 

"Exactly. Which is why Mr. Potter should be able to figure this out with a good night's sleep. Go. NOW!" 

With his forceful words, Sera sighed. She put a reassuring hand on her brother's shoulder before leaving. As she and Hermione walked over towards Professor McGonagall's office, Sera felt disturbed. 

"Why would Professor McGonagall call for us? Is she going to call us off for helping Harry?"

"If that was the case, she would have had Ron and Dante come with us as well."

An even more unsettling thought came to her, and a chill settled in her stomach. She turned to Hermione and stopped walking. Hermione followed suit.

"Hermione, you don't think we are the valuables that the Champions are supposed to be looking for, are we?" 

Hermione shrugged. "It's a possibility. I mean, it would make sense for you, as you're your brother's sister. And me. . . .? Who would I be valuable to?"

"Viktor Krum? He seems to treat you like a princess you're around." 

Hermione scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Don't be ridiculous, Sera. I don't think of him that way And, besides! It'll be difficult with a long-distance relationship next year."