The Unexpected Champion

"Gather around," said Professor Dumbledore loudly. Everyone went quiet, eager for the choosing. "The moment you've all been waiting for: The Tri-Wizard selection!" He dramatically raised his hand and hovered it over the Goblet. A piece of parchment paper shot out. "The Beauxbatons champion is Fleur Delacour!"

The Beauxbatons table squealed, cheering for a blonde-headed girl. The young lady, Fleur, proudly got up, walked over to Professor Dumbledore, shook his hand, and was then motioned to go into the room next door. Professor Dumbledore raised his hand for a second time.

"Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum!"

Cheers, applause, and chanting was heard around the Great Hall. Sera knew that they were glad that the Bulgarian Seeker, Viktor Krum, had been chosen. He, too, shook Professor Dumbledore's hand before exiting to where Fleur had gone off to. Professor Dumbledore raised his hand for the third time.

"Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!"

Screams and cheers rang from the crowd, mainly from the girls. Sera had often heard that Cedric Diggory had been called "the perfect golden boy" of Hogwarts, and she could see why. She thought he was decent-looking. Not stunning.

"That's it!" Professor Dumbledore proudly. "Those are our three chosen champions! But in the end, only one will go down into history. In the end, only one of them will be able to hoist the Tri-Wizard's cup!"

Everyone applauded. Everyone except for Sera. She slowly rose to her feet. She had just now noticed that the fire from the Goblet had went from blue to magenta once more. She wasn't the only one who noticed, however. Professor Snape had a weird look on his face.

Finally, Professor Dumbledore couldn't deny that there was something wrong. He turned to see the magenta-colored fire once more. He extended his hand out. And at once, another paper shot out of the flames. Professor Dumbledore caught the paper and unfurled it.

"Harry Potter," he muttered quietly.

Sera's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Hadn't her brother already been through enough in his life? Why couldn't it be her, and not him?

"Harry Potter?" Professor Dumbledore repeated more loudly.

"Go up there, Harry," she heard Hermione whispering. "Harry, go up!"

Tears pricked at the corners of Sera's eyes as her brother carefully got to his feet and slowly made his way across the Great Hall. Professor Dumbledore gave him the meanest look before handing the piece of parchment to her brother.

A great commotion began to arise in the Great Hall. Many of the younger students were not happy that her brother had been chosen once more.

"He's a cheat!" she heard someone say.

"Yeah, he's not even seventeen, yet!" another person added. "He just wants more glory for himself."

"Oh, shut the hell up!" Sera finally had the sense to answer loudly. "Did you see how terrified my brother looked when his name got called? You'd behave the same way if that was your name! But it's not your name! Give him a break! He's not an idiot! I know my brother better than any of you do and I know for a fact that he's not stupid!"

"Seraphina Potter?!" Professor Dumbledore called out.

Sera turned to face the headmaster with a look of disbelief on her face. "Oh, what the bloody hell does he want, now?" she grumbled to herself.

She jumped off the makeshift bleachers and nervously joined Professor Dumbledore. The Headmaster gave her a stern look.

"Your Harry's older sister. I want you to be with him every step of the way. But for now, I want to ask him a few questions."