Starting Over

***Dante’s locket with his parent's pictures in it, featuring Henry Cavill and Lily James as Aurora and Aurelius Knightley*** 

Sera woke up in the infirmary. The sun was painfully bright, making her squint as she sat up. As she continued moving, she noticed that her hand was wrapped heavily in medical gauze. She carefully rubbed her eyes before looking over at her hospital tray. She smiled when she saw all of the goodies piled up. 

The door opened. She straightened up when Professor Dumbledore came into view. He smiled gently at the girl in front of him.

“Good afternoon, Miss Potter.” Sera only smiled in return. His eyes strayed to Sera’s collection of goodies, and his eyes brightened. “Ah! I see that your admirers have left you tokens.”

Sera’s smile faded to a confused frown. 

“Admirers, Professor?” she asked politely. 

“What happened between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret,” he promised. “But, naturally, the whole school knows.”

Sera was embarrassed that the whole school knew about doing something reckless. But at the same time, she was grateful that Professor Dumbledore didn’t tell them the true reason of why she had done what she did. 

“I see that Mr. Ronald Weasley has left you the tricky job of unwrapping the Chocolate Frogs._

Sera’s heart skipped a beat at Ron’s name. Her heart squeezed uncomfortably in guilt. 

“Ron was here? Is he alright? What about Hermione? My brother? And D-Dante?”

Her voice hitched at Dante's name. 

“Relax, dear child” Professor Dumbledore demanded. “Don’t worry. They’re all safe. Do you want to know why Professor Quirrell couldn't touch you?” When Sera didn’t answer, he continued with a light smile. “The answer is not visible. But it lies very deep within your soul.”

Sera immediately reached for her scar, but Professor Dumbledore stopped her. She put her hand down on her lap. 

“It’s love, Seraphina. Love. It’s an unbreakable, powerful power that not very many people are able to understand.”

 His gaze went over to another bed. Sera followed his gaze and her eyes widened. On the bed next to her was Dante, who was completely passed out. But she relaxed when she saw that the color began to return to his face. She smiled slightly and smiled slightly when she saw Dante’s chest rising and falling slowly.

“I assume that you’re very interested in Dante’s past. Is that correct?” he asked out of the blue. Sera was surprised. 

She nodded, embarrassed, refusing to meet Professor Dumbledore’s eyes. But when she looked up, she was surprised to see Professor Dumbledore looking sad. A small, sad smile played on his lips, making Sera wonder what happened to him.