Sera's First Quidditch Practice

“It'’s crazy,” Ron whined as they began to make their way up a flight of stairs. “I mean, she probably knows more about you two than the two of you together!”

“Yeah, well,” said Harry sarcastically. “Who wouldn’t?”

A jerk came from the stairs and the staircase began to move, forcing them to grab a hold of the railing. 

“What's going on?!” Ron yelped in fear. 

“The staircases like to change,” Hermione butted in at once. “Remember?”

“Now, I remember,” Ron grumbled. “Thanks.”

“Let’s go,” said Sera once the stairs had stopped moving.

“Yeah, before the staircase decides to move again,” Ron added, shuddering slightly. 

The four of them made their way up the rest of the stairs and entered another corridor. The moment they set foot inside, Sera had a foreboding feeling that they shouldn’t even be here. The hairs on her arms began to rise. 

“Does anyone feel like. . . . we shouldn’t be here?” her brother finally asked, his voice hushed.

“We aren’t supposed to be here,” Hermione butted in at once. “This is the right-hand, third-floor corridor. It's out-of-bounds.”

“Let’s go,” said Sera. 

But before they could make their way to the exit, Mr. Filch’s cat, Mrs. Norris, came from the door, meowing at them. 

“It’s Filch’s cat,” Harry whispered in terror. “Mrs. Norris.”

“Guys?” said Dante nervously. “Can I suggest something?”

For once, Sera had no hatred towards the boy. He was just as scared as they were. And Sera was ready to hear any suggestion he had in mind. 

“What do you suggest, Dante?” she asked, her voice getting higher with each word she spoke. 

Mrs. Norris hissed, causing the four of them to jump. 

“RUN!” Dante yelled. 

They did not hesitate to follow his idea. They all turned on their heels and made their way to the nearest door they could find. Ron began to pull at the handle before giving up. He groaned. 

“Great! We’re done for!”

“Oh, move over!” Hermione scoffed, shoving him aside. She took out her wand. “Alohomora!”

At once, the lock clicked, telling them that it was unlocked. Then they slipped inside, waiting for Mr. Filch and Mrs. Norris to pass by them. They could hear Mr. Filch talking to his cat on the other end of the door. 

“What is it, my sweet?” He paused. “Eh, you must be seeing things. Come along.”

“Whew!” said Harry once Mr. Filch’s footsteps had faded. “Filch thinks that this door is locked.”

Sera had her attention on something else. 

“And for good reason,” she answered faintly. 

They were face-to-face with three-headed dogs. Each of their noses twitched in sync before their eyes opened, staring at the four eleven-year-olds. The four of them had their mouths open in shock before letting out terrified screams. Once their bodies were no longer in a trance, they bounded for the exit, making sure to lock the door again so that the dog could not get out. And even if it did try, it would be extremely difficult with its three heads. 

They ran all the way back to the Gryffindor dormitory. Luckily, they didn’t run into anyone while they were sprinting back to their house dorm. They were extra lucky when no one was in the dorm. Ron started yelling at the top of his lungs in fear.