The Young Version Of Lord Voldemort

Sera slowly crept into the Chamber of Secrets. She kept her eyes open for any sign of Dante. But so far, she could not see him. So where was he? He was supposed to be here, right? 

Finally, a frozen figure caught her eye, causing her heart to pound harshly against her chest. She could see a familiar headful of curly blonde hair. And, what made her insides go really cold, was that his eyes were closed and that he seemed almost lifeless. She also noted that there was the same diary she had found earlier in the year tucked into Dante's left elbow. 

"Dante?" Sera gasped. She quickly broke into a sprint and collapsed on her knees at Dante' side. She began to desperately shake his shoulders, trying to plead him to wake up. But nothing happened. His head only lolled from one side to the other. "Please don't be dead! Wake up, wake up! Please wake up!" 

"He won't wake," a new voice answered. 

Sera jumped and spun on her knees to face a young man who she immediately recognized. A glimmer of hope shone in her chest. Maybe he would be able to help her get Dante out of this wretched Chamber. 

"Tom? Tom Riddle? What do you mean, he won't wake?" An awful thought came to her head and her face paled. "He's not —" 

"He's still alive," the young man answered, still casually walking over towards them. "But only just."

Sera's insides went cold. Only just? She didn't like the sound of that. 

"Are you a ghost?" Sera asked with uncertainty in her voice. 

"A memory," Riddle answered calmly. "Preserved in a diary for fifty years." 

Sera put her attention back to Dante, who still looked realistically dead. She placed the back of her head gently on his forehead. She realized how cold his skin felt and she felt a chill go down her spine. 

"He's as cold as ice," she murmured to herself. In a louder voice, she added, "You've got to help me, Tom! There's a Basilisk!" 

"It won't come until it's called," Riddle answered calmly. 

Sera lifted her head and noticed that Tom Riddle had her wand in his hands. She extended her wand, expecting him to give it back to her. 

"Give me my wand, Tom." 

An evil smirk curled on Riddle's mouth. He only held onto her wand more. "You won't be needing it." 

Sera began to get impatient. She let out a huff of frustration and let her arm fall to her side. "Listen, we've got to go! We've got to save him!" 

"I'm afraid that I can't do that, Seraphina," Riddle answered casually. "You see, as poor Durante Knightley grows weaker . . . . I grow stronger."

He grows stronger? What the hell did that mean? 

Riddle noticed the look of confusion on Sera's face and he smirked evilly at her. He knew, somehow, that losing Dante was her greatest weakness, other than losing her twin brother — which he had successfully done so. 

"You see, Seraphina? It was Durante who opened the Chamber of Secrets." 

Sera's face blanched. The color completely drained from her face. She couldn't dare to believe what she had been hearing! 

"No, he couldn't! No, he wouldn't!" Sera tried protesting through numb lips. 

Riddle continued his rant. "It was Durante who set the Basilisk on Mr. Filch's cat. It was Durante who Petrified your brother and the other Muggle-borns. It was Durante who wrote the threatening messages on the wall in blood."