The Arrival of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang

"Anything from the trolley?" the trolley lady asked the next morning

Everyone was doing their own thing. Hermione was reading the Daily Prophet to see if they could get an insight of more evidence of the events that had recently happened. Harry was reading Quidditch Through the Ages. Ron was starting to dose off. Sera was flipping through her new Charms book to see what they were going to be looking at during the year. And Dante had passed out on Sera's shoulder. 

"Anything from the trolley, dears?" the trolley lady asked, panting slightly. 

"I would, but I've got someone passed out on my shoulder," Sera answered jokingly. 

"Packet of Drooble's and a Licorice Wand, please," Ron answered at once. But when he saw the price on the Drooble's, the hopeful smile on his lips faded. "Oh. On a second thought, just the Droobles. Just Droobles, thanks."

He ignored Harry, who heavily insisted that he should pay. He was about to grab something when a new female's voice as heard.

"Two Pumpkin Pasties, please?" The trolley lady handed her two packages of Pumpkin Pasties. Sera smirked at her brother, knowing that he had been momentarily love-struck. "Thank you."

"Anything sweet for you, dear?" the trolley lady asked. 

"I'm not hungry, thank you," Harry answered quickly. He glanced back at the girl he had been staring at, and went back into their compartment. 

"This is horrible," said Hermione once the trolley lady had passed. "How can anyone else not know who had conjured it? Do they have any security, or —?"

"Loads," Ron answered at once. "According to Dad. That's what worries them so much, it had happened right under their very noses." 

Harry responded by scratching at his scar. Hermione immediately noticed and gave him a look of sympathy.

"It's hurting again, isn't it? Your scar?" 

"I'm fine," Harry immediately protested. 

But he knew that Hermione could see right through him. She leaned towards him. "You know that Sirius would want to hear about this. What happened at the World Cup and the dream." 

When they got to Hogwarts, the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students had arrived by either a ship or a pegasus-drawn carriage, exclaiming in excitement as they landed. Everyone still chattered excitedly as they walked into the Great Hall.

After the Sorting was finished, Professor Dumbledore got to his feet. "Now that we've all been sorted into our houses and seated, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not be your home this year, but home to some very special guests, as well. You see, Hogwarts has been chosen — yes?"

Mr. Filch had ran up to the podium, limping down the aisles. 

"— Tell them to wait! Tell them to wait!" Mr. Filch hissed loudly, making some students snicker loudly. Sera smirked. 

"Of course." said Professor Dumbledore, who sounded distracted. In a louder voice, he added, "Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event: The Tri-Wizard Tournament! Now, for those of you who don't know, the Triwizard Tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a witch or wizard is selected to compete. But let me be clear — if chosen, you stand alone. Not only when I say, these contests are not for the faint-hearted. But for more of that later! For now, please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies from the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic and their headmistress, Madame Maxime!" 

The ladies of Beauxbatons came through the Great Hall doors. They sighed and did their dramatic entrance. Literally all the boys hair their eyes on their behinds. Ron's eyes widened in shock.

"Bloody hell!" 

Everyone cheered when the Headmistress came in, and Professor Dumbledore kissed her hand. 

"And now, our friends from the North. Please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master, Igor Karkaroff!" 

The Durmstrang boys came in next. This time, the girls seemed to be fascinated by them. Well, everyone except for Sera. She had her eyes more fixated on Igor Karkaroff, the high master. She had an odd feeling about him — something that made her uncomfortable. She couldn't quite place her finger on it, but she didn't like that feeling. 

Shortly after, they were allowed to eat dinner, much to Sera's relief. But once dinner had ended, Professor Dumbledore got to his feet once more. 

"Your attention, please?" Everyone went quiet. "Eternal glory. That's what awaits the witch or wizard who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But in order to win the tournament, you must survive three tasks: three extremely dangerous tasks."

"Wicked," said the Weasley twins in awe. 

"For this reason, the Ministry has seen put to make a new law. To explain all this, we have the head of the Department of Magical Cooperation, Mr. Bartemius Crouch."

As Mr. Crouch came over, lighting flashed. Thunder rumbled. Screams filled the air. Several students ducked underneath their benches to cover their heads for safety. Finally, everything stopped and everyone looked up. The only sound that could be heard now was the sound of the man's walking stick and Sera's frantically beating heart. 

"Bloody hell," said Ron in awe. "It's Alastor Moody!" 

"Alastor Moody?" Sera inquired with a furrowed eyebrow. "The Auror?" 

"Auror?" Dean Thomas, who had overheard them, asked. 

"He's a Dark Wizard catcher. At least half the cells in Azkaban are filled, thanks to him. But he's supposed to be as mad as a hatter, these days." 

Alastor Moody walked over to a nearby wall and took a flask from his hip. He took a sip from it before shuddering. He put it back into his pocket. 

"What's that he's drinking, d'you suppose?" Seamus Finnegan asked curiously. 

"I dunno," Sera muttered under her breath. "But whatever it is, I don't think that it's Pumpkin Juice." 

Bartemius Crouch had finally come to the stand. "Up to due considerations, no student under the age of seventeen will be allowed to put forth their name into the Goblet of Fire. This law has been concluded."

None of the younger students didn't seem to be too happy. Fred and George were constantly bellowing insults at the head of the Department of Magical Cooperation. 

"SILENCE!" Dumbledore finally roared. At once the Great hall went quiet. Professor Dumbledore took out his wand and melted the gold around the goblet. In a calmer voice, he added, "The Tri-Wizard's Cup. That's what awaits the witch or wizard who wins the Tri-Wizard Tournament. But do not do so lightly! If chosen, there's no turning back. From that moment forward, the Tri-Wizard's Tournament has begun."