Of Dress Robes and Ball Gowns

"SHUT UP!" Seamus Finnegan roared they all cheered for him. He kissed the golden egg before passing it back to its owner. "Go on, Harry! What's the clue?!"

"Who wants me to open it?!" Harry asked. 

The crowd cheered. 

"You want me to open it?!" 

The crowd cheered even more. Harry opened the egg, only for it to let out a loud, wailing, shrieking noise that could burst anyone's eardrums. There was a collected sigh of relief when Harry had finally closed the egg.

"What the bloody hell was that?!" Ron exclaimed from a distance. 

Everyone turned to face him. The twins, who weren't always as stupid as everyone might think, noticed the tension between the two friends. 

"Erm . . . . alright, you lot. Go back to your knitting. This will be a lot awkward for the two of them with you eavesdropping in on their conversation. Go on." 

Everyone went back to whatever they were doing. Some still chatted ecstatically about Harry's success in the First Task. Sera sat not too far away, watching Ron expectantly. Maybe now was the right time for him to apologize to her brother. 

"Reckon you had to be barking mad to put your own name into the Goblet of Fire," Ron finally admitted.

"Caught on, have you? It really took you that long enough?" Harry scoffed.

"I wasn't the only one who thought that you put your own name into that Goblet. Everyone was talking about you behind your back. Well, everyone except for Sera and Dante. They knew better than that." 

Harry glanced over at his twin, who sent him a small smile and a short nod of her head. He smiled at her in return before facing Ron again.

"Thanks. That makes me feel loads better."

Ron laughed. "At least I told you about the dragons."

Harry looked utterly confused. "Hagrid told me about the dragons."

"No! No, I did. Don't you remember? I asked your sister to tell you that Dean was told by Parvati and that Parvati was told by Seamus that Hagrid was looking for you. I thought that we'd be alright, y'know? After you've figured that out."

"Who — Who could possibly figure that out? That's completely mental!" 

"Yeah, isn't it? I suppose that I was a bit distraught." 

They were quiet, but they had gained their friendship back. Sera was full of disbelief.

"Boys!" she whispered to herself to the point where a few of her friends, including Ginny Weasley, Hermione Granger, and Angelina Johnson, could hear her. 

The next morning, the five friends were finally sitting together once again. Dante found himself staring at Sera more, but she didn't seem to notice his daydreaming gaze as she flipped through the Daily Prophet, wondering if Rita Skeeter had made sure to fulfill her promise. Finally, her eyes narrowed when she saw a moving photo of her and her brother pulling apart from a frantic hug. The words that Rita Skeeter had used about the duo made her want to vomit. 

"Look at this!" she fumed, slamming the newspaper back on the table. Her nostrils flared. "I can't believe it, she's done it again! Listen — "Miss Peterson, a strange but ambitious girl seems to have a taste for young celebrities. Her latest prey, people report, are none other than that Bulgarian Quidditch heart-throb, Viktor Krum! There's no word about how Harry Potter will take this emotional blow." 

Even Harry snorted in disbelief as he watched his sister forcing the newspaper into a tiny paper ball. "I can't believe this," she continued fuming, her nostrils flaring. "This is exceedingly outrageous!"