Double Petrification

After a disastrous day from before, Quidditch finally came. A day that Sera specifically looked forward to. By now, rumors of Sera being the heir of Slytherin had began to die down. But occasionally, Fred and George liked to poke fun, but in a friendly way. Wood gave them instructions as they began to walk out of the changing/meeting rooms.

"Yeah, unless they're too scared to look Sera in the eye," Fred teased, causing Sera to smile slightly. She knew now that they weren't doing that to be mean.

Wood rolled his eyes, not looking amused. He was one of the very few people who knew that Sera was not stupid enough to open the Chamber of Secrets or by the heir of Slytherin. She was a Gryffindor, for crying out loud!

"Yeah, well. That, too."

As they began to walk onto the field, Professor McGonagall approached them and stopped the team from going any further.

"This match has been cancelled," she announced, surprising everyone.

Wood was more outraged than the rest of them.

"What?! We can't cancel a game of Quidditch!"

Yeah, unless there was an emergency, Sera thought to herself.

"Quiet, Wood," said Professor McGonagall sharply. To Sera, she added in a kinder voice, "Come with me, Miss Potter. We will find Mr. Weasley together. There's something that I'd like for the both of you to see."

She was concerned. Her insides squirmed. What had happened? Did something happen to her brother? To Hermione?

Her question had been answered as they reached the hospital wing.

"I must warn you," said Professor McGonagall warningly. "This could come as a bit of a shock."

Her stomach dropped and her face burned in anger and distraught when she saw her twin brother and Hermione lying there on mattresses. Her hands trembled with fury.

"Hermione!" Ron groaned.

"Harry," she whimpered, tears pricking her eyes.

"They were both found near the library," said Professor McGonagall sympathetically. "Along with this." She held up a hand-held mirror. Sera stared at it with tear-glazed eyes. "Does this mean anything to either of you?"

"No, Professor," Sera answered quietly as she carefully took a hold of her brother's hand, wishing that she could feel his warm and enclosing around hers. Not cold and nearly death-like.

Professor McGonagall lead them back to the dorm. Sera reluctantly followed them. She didn't want to leave her brother in his vulnerable state. She and Ron sat down on the stairs leading up to the boy's dorm. It was unusually quiet in the common room. An uncomfortable buzz filled the crowded circular room.

"May I have your attention, please?" said Professor McGonagall. "As of recent events, there are some new rules that I must announce: All students must return to their dormitories at six o'clock every evening. All students must be accompanied to the bathrooms. Teachers will lead students to their next classes. All further quidditch games will be cancelled. No exceptions." She paused and addressed flatly, "Although I assure you, unless the culprit behind these attacks has been caught . . . . it is most likely that the school will be closed."

She left and the chattering gradually buzzed. Sera leaned towards Ron with a glint of determination in her eyes.

"We've gotta talk to Hagrid about this, Ron," she said quietly. "I can't believe that he could do something like this to Hermione and to my own brother! My brother, for crying out loud!"