Living for others

"There, there, no need to rush, you can just walk at your pace, don't push yourself if you still feel weak"

Saying that, the man that was leading Tyler quickly looked at him to make sure he could walk.

"Ouch... yeah, I do have some trouble to walk" Tyler said, holding his sides. "Holy stars, you really had to fuck me up that bad?"

After Yoria left and her 'right arm' arrived, Tyler's first reflexe was to knock him out and find a way to escape using him as an hostage.

...

It had turned out he was an apostle as well, and a strong one at that. Even with his Blessing, Tyler's current mental and physical state had had not even allowed to put up a fight, and he had been beaten up badly.

The man had auburn hair, an auburn trimmed beard, a fit figure and relatively handsome features, which slight softness made him look both young and mature. Upon hearing Tyler's words, he scratched his hair:

"I'm sorry, that's my reaction by default to someone attacking me on sight" he said with some kind of accent, that Tyler theorized scottish.

"...
Ahh, fair enough" Tyler replied, still feeling clear uncomfort in his ribs.

"Once again, sorry, I would have preferred to start with a handshake. It's always good to have a good relationship when we are colleagues, right? If it's up to me, a good colleague is a good friend, don't you agree?"

"Your boss killed me, brung me back to beat me up and wants to use me to wage a galactic war, which is litteraly the one thing I wanted to avoid at all price. And our job is to kill people"

The man coughed:

"Uhm, put that way, it's true that lady Yoria didn't give the best first impression" he said. "Anything I can do to help you feel better? My name is Ethan, by the way"

Tyler stopped in his tracks for a second:

"Yeah, you can help me escape, or kill yourself, both are ok for me" he replied.

Ethan looked away and didn't insist, clearly uncomfortable with the situation.

"Ehm... I'll check on you again later" he said.

A minute later, after going through yet another Fefnir tech wall, they finally arrived to the surgery room. Unlike what Tyler had imagined, it wasn't an indvidual space but rather some kind of hall where many surgeries were performed at the same time. Most of them, though, seemed to be simple revisions or upgrades of some people's cybernetic parts, probably the Empire's - or Yoria's - own version of special agents.

It was only logic after all, as most of the injuries could simply be healed with advanced Fefnir medical technology, so why bother perform a surgery?

"I'll wait for you outside, don't worry, the cybernetic arm's draft won't hurt,I made sure you'd get enough anesthesy" Ethan said.

"Great, and what about my compatibility with Fefnir tech?" Tyler asked. "n case you don't know, I have the amazing compatibility percentage of, suspense, 0.02%, at least that's what I was told the three times I tried to get engaged to become a cyborg - with fakes names - on my birth planet"

"Three times? That makes a lot, I remember trying once and giving up after getting a 9.8%... but enough bad memories. Don't worry too much, getting a Blessing naturally makes your compatibility with Fefnir technology better. Of course it's not enough to become a fully fledged cyborg but if it's just an arm, there won't be any problem. I'll come back to get you later and introduce you to the rest of the team, have a good d... evening, Tyler"