Careful Observation

"Cain? I don't understand how you tied all of this to him" Yoria replied.

She understood that, at this point, Yohan already knew everything and that denying would be pointless. She just asked out of genuine curiosity.

"Well, for starters, the reason why Eliot would kill the Guardian. Of course, the two weren't the best friends ever, but he's a far too calm person to act out of sheer rage. Did he want to help the terrorists escape? Likely, but it wasn't his only objective: he wanted something the cyborg had. Because, do you remember the two Guardians that entered a few minutes earlier? Apparently, it was thanks to an error in the Party Hall defenses.

And in the meantime, from what the survivors of the battle said, the third Guardian was doing something strange against the wall of the Party Hall. If we accept that they entered thanks to him, then what could he have done? The most logical answer is that he used a hacking program, one performant enough to hack the entire building. From the datas concerning this Guardian, he didn't have any way to obtain such a thing. At this point, we reach a wall that we can't climb...

... and therefore, we have to get around it by approaching the problem from another angle. And this angle is feu the planet director, Enry Arsin. Director Arsin coincidentally happened to be Glenn Keters' successor. I guess you heard of this name?"

Yoria thought for a second before replying:

"Glenn Keters? I did hear about him" she said. "He was the director of an unknown little planet, but ascended as one of the peripheric members of the Paradise Council after a promotion, thanks to his talent in programation. He's currently acting as a general of the Council to repress a group of rebels that allied under Cifer, taking control of a small solar system at the border of the Council's territory. People say that he is about to be promoted as an official senator, just like you, is this true?"

"I'm sorry, that is a question I cannot answer" Yohan replied.

Yoria tried to deduct the answer from his body language but it was utterly useless: his body didn't show any reaction all along, nor did his face do. Even his heartbeat didn't change in the slightest.

"Fine, then please continue your explanations" she sighed.

"Very well. So, you know that Glenn Keters is a specialist of programming, and is also the predecessor of Enry Arsin, they both shared a friendship and thus, it's more than likely that he left him a few programs as a parting gift. The thing about Enry Arsin, is that he's a profundly corrupted and infamous person, and is equally paranoid.

He's known to have used the worst methods known to mankind to climb the ranks, but also to protect himself: he's the one who made the Party Hall nearly undestructible, installed secret mesures to control it if anything happened, and even hid a spatial ship inside. But these also included a risk: what if someone took control of the Party Hall? Then his precaution would turn against him. To avoid this situation, he had put to contributions the programs Keters gave him, giving them to a trusted individual who could take back the control over the Party Hall if needed.

That's where the Guardians intervene: you see, as a corrupted individual, Enry Arsin naturally rigged the selection of the cyborgs, choosing them more by loyalty and submission than by skills and intelligence. Logically, who could he trust more than them?

Thinking this way, we can confirm that the Guardian indeed had the code. Now, someone like Eliot wouldn't have any use for it, right? He had a accomplice. And if we carefully examinate the details of the incident, something interesting comes out: one of the reasond why Tyler's group could escape is that a large part of the planet's forces were focused on suppressing a wave of rebellions, that wanted to help Cifer's group escape as an act of protest.