The truth about the Lichtkrieg 3

"Genova... is the one who ended the Lichtkrieg?" Tyler repeated, dumbfounded. "But how? Didn't you say something about him being occupied to keep the Silent One captive?"

"You're right, Genova was and still is focusing most of His efforts to keep the Devil jailed, even making a single move anywhere outside of the realm where He is requires him a considerable amount of time and preparation" Yoria said. "Years are needed to focus enough energy outside of the realm, and the place must be chosen beforehand. At that time, we were arrogant due to our victory, and we didn't even take in account this possibility: after all, creating the appropriate settings for Genova to truly change the outcome of the battle seemed impossible... Unless in one case, that we didn't envision at the time: if from the start, the battle between the Angel and the Great Sins had been planned since even before the start of the saint war... even before the Lichtkrieg"

"Even before? I can't understand anymore... I thought you people acted in a way where the Council couldn't discover the existence of the Great Sins and the Silence cult, so how could they know? Did you really not think to verify if they actually didn't notice what was happening in the Andromeus Field or if they were just feigning it?"

"That's pretty offensive of you, of course we thought of it. I personally sent spies to spy on both the Council's official senators, their special agents, their war spaceships and even their secret forces, and there was nothing out of the ordinary. I can garantee you that they had no idea of what was coming at them. No, Genova... He acted separately from them... most likely separately from His curch too. At that time, only one person helped in His scheme: a saint, part of the Council but walking his own path. He's the one that saw through our plan by throwing a few glances at the galaxy, and predicted the location of the final battle from the very beginning by throwing a few glances at everyone action"

She paused for a second. During this second, by carefully observing her, Tyler got the feeling that she was hesitating. Hesitating on an information, to decide if it was worth giving it to him. And happily for him, she eventually did, at least partly:

"Until recently, I had no idea who it was, but I got the opportunity to meet him recently, or at least I think it is him" the Geat Sin of Sloth said. "And I'm not sure if your suffering was intentional or not but what I'm sure of, however, is that he is the responsible of what you experienced while you were dead"

The... responsible? Really? Tyler thought for a bit, maybe Yoria was lying to cover up for herself... but most likely, she was telling the truth. The best way to know would be to learn who this saint was but right now, Tyler had a better question to ask:

"I thought you said we Blessed could only live around three hundred years, at most four hundreds, but the Lichtkrieg started in 3166" he said. "Then considering he was already an adult with a certain experience back then, wouldn't that make him at least seven and a half centuries? What's the trick, does his Blessing can help prolonge his life?"

"I don't know, but I don't think from what I could see" Yoria replied. "Maybe Genova gave him a special type of Blessing that prolonges one's lifespawn even more, or maybe he just used a secret technology of the Council that could prolonge life this much, even thought the most performant known yet can only add a bit more than a century to one's lifespwan, I have no idea"

"Even you have no idea?" Tyler asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I can't know everything" Yoria replied, shrugging. "And as a Great Sin, I am just a demigod, I can't affirm I know the depth of a true God's might. And as a human, I was a psychologist, and I am a war strategist, I can't know the depth of the highest technologies' might either. Believe it or not, Tyler, but limitations aren't inherently human, dieties also have many limits, just to a lesser degree, even Genova and the Silent One. No matter what people can say, even God has His own limit"