Backstory

"A Nova beast!? Did the loss make him go crazy!?" John exclaimed.

Noticing Tyler's perplexed gaze, he precised:

"Nova beasts are often considered the top of the cosmos' food chain, they're immunized to conventionnal weapons, almost immortal and so ferocious it would need an entire special agents' squad with appropriate weapons to just repel them" the giant man said. "Trapping one in a basement, even at the peak of technology, is basically like trying to contain a nuclear explosion in a steel cage"

"Yeah, before developping their weaponary with the Fefnir tech, humans only could put their hands on one because it was already near death, though nobody ever knew the reason" Erica precised. "But don't worry, the one in our drink-loving friend's basement has been interrupted in its developpement while sector A's scientists were experimenting on it, so it's still in its preliminary state"

"Ok, sure, that's cool and everything, but shouldn't you first explain how it would be of any help?" Tyler asked.

Erica carefully explained them the plan she had in mind as they listened attentively.

"Damn, that sounds so fucking vicious" Tyler said with a chuckle. "Yeah, we're definitly going for this"

"Yes, that's definitly a good plan... but how are we going to persuade Harry to give us the Nova beast?" John asked.

Erica frowned slightly:

"Well, at first I thought about threatening or blackmailing him, but that wouldn't be fair for Penny who told us all of this so we can help her father" she said. "So, I thought we could make Penny ask her, since she's the one who wants Enry Arsin's death, she should acept to help us convince her dad"

At this moment, Tyler stood up:

"Nah, no need to ask a brat to do the job, I'm going to convince him myself" he said casually.

"How?" Erica asked, slightly skeptical.

Tyler shrugged:

"I have absolutly no idea" he said.

"Uhm, Tyler maybe you should think about it-" John started.

But the drunkard was already gone.

Erica patted John's shoulder- a pretty impressive feat considering the height difference.

"Let's trust him for this one" she said "After all, Tyler's role is crucial for Cifer's future, so we have to start leaving him some responsability as soon as possible"

"I guess so..." John recognized. "I just hope it'll be alright"

Meanwhile, Tyler already arrived to the kitchen of the manor. There, as expected, he found Harry drinking alone, slouching on his chair while weakly pulling an already almost empty bottle of clear red wine to his mouth, finishing to drink it in one go.

Tyler couldn't help but wonder if he too would end up like this... or even if he would live long enough to end up like this. He brushed this thought away as he sat in front of his host:

"Hi, short time no see" he greeted.

"Yeah this greeting, hip, was truly terrible" Harry said. "I accept to give you a glass of my favorite wine if you never say 'short time no see' in my presence ever again"

"I take you to the word, so it's a deal I guess"

"Eh, smart brat"

He poured half a glass to Tyler. Usually, the latter would've liked more but, considering he was already near coma from drinking, he didn't complain. Humidifying his lips with the pale liquor and appreciating its warming sensation, he directly adressed the sensible topic: